Scan and appointment today - long post!!!!

sarah1

Reaction score
So I went in to the EPAU/Assisted conception dept for what would have been my 7 week scan. Had to firstly convince them that I had miscarried and answer some pointless questions. I was scanned straight away, and we had already asked to also see a doc/nurse to talk about getting the polyp removed. I felt I was being a bit brash with the nurse and doc as I was telling her we were tired of being fobbed off and moaning about them doing nothing all the time! feel a bit guilty now but I did say sorry and that I knew they wouldn't fob me off! I've realised its the only way to get things done too....

I saw the polyp on the scan, looks really weird like a big white baby slap bang in the middle! Its very large in comparison to the size of the uterus, yet they still wouldn't commit to the fact that it has caused the miscarriages - still said it could be that and it could be PCOS or could be something else altogether.

The scan showed there was nothing left of the pregnancy, just some more bleeding, so fingers firmly crossed for no infections or complications etc this time - I feel the pain and bleeding has been much worse this time so hopefully thats a good thing and its all gone.

They actually let us talk to a fertility doctor today aswell, as they decided I could have the surgery asap (at first they said we'd have to wait a long while after miscarriage). So the doc explained where the polyp was - I explained my confusion as been told a million diff. things! And to cut a long story short I've been booked in to have another hysteroscopy with removal of the polyp. I'm pooing my pants as it has to be done under general anaesthetic - never had that before! So its much bigger surgery than I imagined but it needs doing I guess. Went for pre-assessment for the surgery (they said I'm fit and healthy :))so just need to turn up on the day and have hubby with me to look after me!

The appointment is on 31st August at 7.30am list! 9 Weeks and counting. We've obviously been advised not to ttc until after op, wouldn't want to miscarry again anyway as it seems fairly inevitable.

So we are looking forward to after the surgery, somewhat apprehensively as it might still be a different problem like the PCOS causing miscarriage. After that we'll see the fertility doc again and take it from there I guess.

Thinking about telling our parents soon but every time I think of what we'll say I just can't find the right words.

My hubby is and always will be (I'm sure) absolutely amazing through all of this. I'm very proud of us both at the moment! Looking forward to our hols in 4 weeks.

Sorry for ridiculous long post - just wanted to update with my news. Love to all x x x x x x x x x x x x

(((hugs))) hope everything works out for you and your hubby after all this.

Take care of yourself Sarah and have a lovely holiday x

Sarah, You sound like such a strong and sensible person and you and your oh are so lucky to have one another! You have obviously been through a great deal and if anyone deserves a holiday its you. Im glad that you seem to be getting the help and advice that you need. I wish you luck in August and im the mean time go away, let your hair down and both of you enjoy a holiday with each other!

That seems like progress for you, I'm just sorry you're having to go through any of this. You seem strong and at least have had some answers today. Hopefully the 9 weeks will fly by and this will all be over for you soon.

Take care xxxx

Hi Sarah,

Hope you're ok Hun, :hugs: well done for staying strong and for getting your appointment sorted, if I'm honest though I wouldn't be happy to wait 9 weeks the way they've messed you around, why do you have to wait so long when you were meant to have it done ages ago?

Just had a thought that if you're having a general you could also have a laparoscopy too at the same time to check all is well in that sense, it would save you going through one again if you ever needed one in the future?

Sorry to be negative for you Hun but I'm not happy with the NHS myself at the moment and I'm so wary of them messing us around and not giving proper care.

xx

Hope you are ok sarah! we are on the same boat in a sense, i'm also waiting on a hysteroscopy

Maybe i think a hyst can see everything and check for any other problems as they use a wee camera, its a less invasive form of a lap.

xx

Hi ladies

Maybe - its a different department (and in this case I'm being sent to a diff hospital too) for surgery with it being a bit more major than the usual stuff so its the first appointment they had. Its rubbish isn't it? I'm already going crazy waiting! I asked to be put on the cancellation list too so hopefully they'll call me a bit sooner. Our holiday in a few weeks will break up the wait nicely though.

They have talked me through the operation and the doctor said I'd only need a laparoscopy if they cause any damage to uterine lining with the hysteroscopy - don't panic anyone! I think its because I'm having such a large polyp removed there is more risk - so the laparoscopy would check how bad the damage is. My worst fear is waking up and them saying it all went wrong and I'm even worse off :(. Thats a lie, my worst fear is not waking up!

I'm also v mad with the NHS, mostly with the stupid doctor who did my last hysteroscopy and didn't remove the polyp even though that's why I was having it done! The fertility doctor is even astounded by this...... also annoyed with the gynae who told me I 'definitely didn't have PCOS', and that I would 'Definitely conceive successfully very soon as there are no menstrual problems'. Only to be told a week or so later by fertility doc that I deffo have PCOS which isn't that mild, my very long cycles are not normal, and also won't conceive (a sticky!) until I get polyp removed. So as you can probs imagine I dunno where to start with complaints! Like you I have seen soooooooooo many diff people and had all sorts done and only just got referred to correct place.

Nurse - we can be hysteroscopy buddies :) when is yours again? Bet its sooner than mine, I looked at the costs for private but can't really afford it...... bet you'll get given a dressing gown and everything! maybe even chocolates on your pillow!

xxxxxxxxx

eeeek, look how long my posts are getting, wait for 8 weeks time when I have officially driven myself crazy! xxxxxx

Have my fingers crossed for you Sara1! Hope everythings sorts out for you!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back