SAMI

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
was just wondering if ne one knew how sami and lil scarlett are going??

Hi

Was wondering the same :) Hope they are both doing well
Katrina

i hope sami comes on soon and updates us!

come on sami come on and update us! :pray:

i keep checking the thread in arrivals for an update. any one know anything?

hope your both ok sami :hug:

I chatted to her over MSN about a week ago now & she said its a day by day thing, one day scarlet will do really well & the next be back on o2 and a ventelator (sp). It seems she is pretty poorly still and did loose weight but is now back to her birth weight, she also needs lots more tests inc one on her brain.
It must be such a worrying time for them & if you read this Sami we are thinking of you.

x

oh poor love, please let her know we're all thinking of her and bubba and wishing them lots of love and wellness xxx :hug:

oh sami hope everything turns out ok
were all thinking bout u and scarlett

Duds Please pass on our best wishes and prayers for 'lil Scarlett.

thinking of you and your lil girl sami love ya hunny xxxxxx

Hi

I wish them all the best , gotta be so tough :hug:
Katrina

Hi guys sorry I haven't been about, I barely have time to do anything these days.
Scarlett is getting better. She has been losing and gaining weight again recently so is still sitting just over her birth weight (she was 1142g born and is about 1198g). She is breathing with help of oxygen and the cpap (a type of ventilator) has gone back into it's cupboard (hoorah!!)
She was on alot of antibiotics to start off with becuse my waters were broken for 2 days before she was born and because I carry GBS (well I showed positive this time anyway), and also becuase the placenta was infected. She was started on 0.5ml of milk hourly when she was a few days old with stuff called TPN (all the nutrients she needs) making up the rest of the feed. She has now moved from the continuous syringe feeding machine to NG tube feeding and at 24 days old is on what seems a massive 26ml 3 hourly :)
She is still in intensive care and she will be for some time as she cannot maintain her blood oxygen levels at all. She has reflux too which is making the problem worse. It's hard to explain exactly what low blood oxygen levels mean, but it's like apnoea in some ways.
Scarlett is still on EBM at the moment but due to medication I have been put on I can no longer express for her. Good job I was producing at least 1.5 litres a day of milk using the double pump :eek: I have lots and lots in backup supply for her until she goes on preemie fortified formula.
They have said she will not be home till near her due date stil but as Duds said, it's a take things one day at a time thing. Some days Scarlett is good and other days she isn't doing as good. The better days are starting to outweigh the bad now though and we try to look to all the good things she is doing rather than the neagtive.

Sorry I haven't updated sooner, we're travelling so much everyday to and from the hospital as well as trying to work round Damien to keep things normal for him and it's really getting tough to fit anything else in between except essential chores and shopping. Not sure what sleep is anymore :lol:
It is really kind to know you are all thinking of us still. I will give Scarlett a hug and kiss from you all. Hope everyone is well.

xxx

so good to hear from u sami, i cant wait for u to bring her home and have all ur family together!!!
give her lots of love and kisses from us all, take it easy!! xx

Hi

Was nice to hear from you so glad she is doing okay!! I hope you get to take her home real soon. :hug:
Katrina and Kiara

Hiya hun

Nice to hear how things are going, nice o hear Scarlett is having more good days than bad.

Hear for ya if ya wanna chat xxxxxx

awww bless you all Sami, heres to a speedy recivery & homecoming for baby Scarlett. :pray: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back