• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Salt dough xmas tree decorations....

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Ive decided, seeing as i don't really fancy xmas shopping tomorrow what with my hip, me and alice are going to stay in and make some decorations.

We are going to make some paper chains and some salt dough shapes to hang on the tree.

how long will cooked/ baked salt dough last for? Ive got it in my head for years :think:

Im going to get some glitter and ribbon and get the paints out :cheer:

has anyone else made / planning to make some decorations? Has anyone got any hints or tips when it comes to salt dough?

Iv gone all arts and crafts since flos been born too so id love to make some salt dough decorations, wouldnt even know where to start though howd you make the dough :oops:

Thank You Sarahh im gunna have a go tomorrow :) Il show the results however messy they turn out lol Brilliant idea, all excited now, especially as OH promises were go tree shopping Sunday wooo !

I might make some of these too but then again...i have really pretty silver all matching decorations for my tree...and i don't want to ruin it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: lol

ETA-i might just make biscuits and eat them instead.. :lol:

im quite tempted to give some as an extra little gift from alice for people... :think:

oooo..... in the microwave!!

I made them last year with my nephew :D I had more fun than he did :lol:

Not sure of they will survive this year though. I am sure my dad had a glue some back together :lol:

Bee said:

Not sure of they will survive this year though. I am sure my dad had a glue some back together :lol:

do they go moldy / soft / etc?

Sam&Alice said:
Bee said:

do they go moldy / soft / etc?

Em we baked them and they were fine but the bloody dogs knocked the tree and some fell off and my nephew pulled them off and some of the snapped so dad glued them :lol:

Not seen them yet to see if they are mouldy but they shouldn't be. I painted them :D

bless :) im sure the dogs enjoyed them though :lol:

is it worth varnishing them as well? :think:

I think we used to varnish them. Maybe with clear nail varnish. LOL.

I think I might make some too! might make Faith's name or something :D

i might also do it as a door plaque for her new rooom!

Suzie and Faith said:
i might also do it as a door plaque for her new rooom!

ooo!! that is a great idea!!! i might have to copy it :wink:

I'm gonna do one of Arianna's foot and hand prints

oooo i might do this with brooke and olivia at the weekend.

dont forget to show ur pics girls

you can varnish with clear paint vanish.. or pva glue :D we are gonna have a bash at these to :D

I attempted some tonight but i lost inspiration after id made a little plait lol Il show you the results 2morow, god help me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back