• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sad because of money worries

You're entitled to State Maternaty Pay if you've had a job longer than 13 weeks!!

I'd just given up my job when I found out I was pregnant with my son, and then had terrible morning sickness up until about 20 weeks. I then became rather bored and decided to get a job, nothing overly exciting but I worked as a call centre operator for BT (which I had done before as a student). After I'd been there a few months I was entiled to state maternaty allowance...I can't remember exactly how much it was but I think it was about £200 a month for 6 months.

thanks C :) i'm in scotand though, so i don't know if it will be the same here?

xxx

Don't worry about it too much. I think everyone worries that they won't be able to afford it, but it's all relative, the more money you have, the more you think you should have.

You can pick up baby equipment very cheaply second hand and it's normally in great condition because it doesn't get used for very long before they out grow it. I ended up selling all James old baby stuff for next to nothing just to get rid of it, and also gave loads to charity shops. A lot of parents end up doing the same so you can pick up loads of really good quality stuff very cheaply.

I would definately try to get a job in the meantime so you can qualify for the maternity allowance cos although it's only £112 a week for 9 months, it's better than nothing.

I'm sure everything will work out fine, it's surprising how little babies actually need. So much of the stuff you see on sale in the shops is unecessary and a waste of money :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back