Running...

Skyla

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it's ok to run while you're pregnant? Not full on marathons or anything but little runs like I often have to run for the bus to school...is that bad for the baby? Because I can obviously stop if it's harming Bubs in any way.

i suppose its ok if you feel ok doing it.
you run a bigger risk of falling when you run though. can't you get up half hour earlier so u don't have to run? :)

Well, getting up earlier for me is easier said than done! But it's more a case of when I get to a place where I can see my bus coming but im not at the stop, i wanna run and get that bus, regardless of whether im late or not...

I use a treadmill and the doctor was quite happy for me to continue with it as long as it feels comfortable.

budge said:
you run a bigger risk of falling when you run though.

yes be careful u dont fall, especially when ur belly gets really big, ur balance is all different when u get extra weight out front! i wear kangaroos (soles are about 5cm thick) and i'm going over on my ankle a lot more recently, and i actually did fall last week (luckily my hands took the impact). i'll hav 2 stop wearing them (and be a short-ass! :cry: )

well it was OK for Paula Radcliffe..... :D

no - seriously - running to catch a bus etc.. should be OK, just take it easy!

Hi

Yes it should be okay, your still early on, it might get uncomfy for you when you get bigger .
Katrina

Thanks for all that guys, it's all useful stuff :) I'll try only to run when it's really necessary and I know about the risks of falling...i certainly wouldn't run when it's snowy or icy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back