Running problem - any suggestions

tinytoy

Reaction score
I'm still exercising plenty (5 days a week on average), had to give up running outside quite early because of sacroiliac pain but have been running on the treadmill. In the last 2 weeks, though, every time I try to run for more than 5 minutes I feel like my bladder is full of broken glass and being punched, even though I go to the loo beforehand. I imagine this is due to baby nose-diving into it on every stride. Don't have an infection as normal all other times.

Any suggestions? Should I just stick to the non-impact stuff until after delivery or has anyone in a similar situation found bump supports helpful?

First of all hats off to you for exercising so much and keeping so active. How about fast walking on the treadmill instead of running to keep your fitness levels up but to reduce this pain you keep getting. Then maybe reintroducing a minute or two of running? I'm no way a fitness expert but maybe just play around with what you do just to see how you get on.

Hope this advice helps a bit. xx

Think you're probably right. Hill walking doesn't seem to be problem so might stick with that instead.

I ran until about 22 weeks but then seemed to have the same sort of prob so opted for higher level on the cross trainer as its no impact but still good cardio alongside moderate effort on stationary bike :)

I'm a runner and have reintroduced running in Tri 2 after being advised not to run in the early stages by my FS. I haven't had any problems, but I've only been doing run/walking. I only do 3 miles about 3 times a week, running for a few mins then walking (about half and half).

I reckon if you cut back a bit and alternate it might be better.

Later in Tri 3 I'm thinking the bump will probably be too heavy to run, so I'm planning on switching to swimming or fitness DVDs (suitable ones) in the house.

I'm in awe ... I can barely walk never mind run (and I was fit before I promise :whistle:

Cross trainer seems like a good option, or switch to the stationary bike?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back