Royal Mail??????

budge

Reaction score
what is their problem lately. ? does anyone know anyone who works for royal mail? whats their gripe and why are they striking? :think:

i have no idea...
all i know is that I'm waiting for the confirmation of my maternity allowance to come through. i need the money so badly and the letter is stuck somewhere just because they are striking!! :x

Good Question!

I Don't Know But I Wish They Would Just Get It Sorted It's A Pain In The Backside

It's Us Who's Suffering For It! :wall:

Royal mail want to modernise to compete with other delivery services out there as they are losing money, because they just cant compete. However this will mean job losses. That is part of what the strikes are about, also about pay and pensions.

It is a pain, hubby is waiting for a formal offer of a new job and can't hand his notice in at his old place till he gets it.

I think they are striking because of pay issues and they have lost some big contracts like amazon or something because they are not modernising their services and more companies are using private couriers.

I think it's to do with the plans to close dozens of post ofices,depots and the loss of jobs due to this.

Vicki & Nathan said:
Good Question!

I Don't Know But I Wish They Would Just Get It Sorted It's A Pain In The Backside

It's Us Who's Suffering For It! :wall:

Im kind of in support for the workers, I know I would be bricking it if my future was uncertain.

Ive taken part in strike action at work because of the changing pensions, they are changing them, claiming age discrimination. However I believe they are discriminating against me as I am younger and get less benefits than those older than me due to the changes :evil:

My Step-Dad works for Royal Mail and is on strike. I'm not sure but it's something to do with Royal mail cutting and changing their hours and them getting less pay. They also want to raise the pension age from 60 to 65 I think.

i read that the unions thought the employee's were treated like slaves, pay and closure of post offices. :shock: TBH its made no difference to us. Our post man comes when he likes, sometimes meaning 3 days post ina day and waiting a week for something to show up.

I got my post yesterday and today it came earlier than it ever has, so god knows whats going on!!

natalie&jake said:
[quote="Gemma & Jake":3a02ticc] They also want to raise the pension age from 60 to 65 I think.

Thats what they have done with us :evil: What if I die when I'm 66? :shakehead:[/quote:3a02ticc]oh dear :rotfl:

really what is there problem. they are really well paid and they can get home for midday after delivering the mail.

fook me there are worse jobs to do for less money :x

jo said:
I got my post yesterday and today it came earlier than it ever has, so god knows whats going on!!
go away! we don't want to hear that :rotfl:

budge said:
natalie&jake said:
[quote="Gemma & Jake":3303sfvj] They also want to raise the pension age from 60 to 65 I think.

Thats what they have done with us :evil: What if I die when I'm 66? :shakehead:
oh dear :rotfl:

really what is there problem. they are really well paid and they can get home for midday after delivering the mail.

fook me there are worse jobs to do for less money :x[/quote:3303sfvj]

I don't think they are well paid and my Step-Dad is never home by midday.

TBH i doubt they are well paid. Every one thinks im on a bomb but im not and i cant actually tell people what i get because of one of the acts theyve got (cant remember the name). I get really pissed off when people say 'oh civil servants there so greedy they complain when they get paid that much' WTF!! If they were paid decently i doubt theyd strike...afterall you dont get paid to strike!! and when DH was trying to get a job as a post man i can remember thinking 'how are we suposed to live off that' :hug: I kinda feel bad for them.

well how much are they paid?

my friend hubby is one and they are both quids in. she went part time wwhen he got a postie job

how much are they on per hour i wonder and how many hols do they get a year :think: anyone?

*edit* That link was just anoying. :lol:

if you look on jobs on RM website you can find holidays and pay. :)

jeez thats the longest link in the world :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back