Royal Mail??????

postieman/women

Recruitment Day Salary Information

As we generally offer both full time and part time roles at our Recruitment Days the pay details shown as a guide above are based on full time hours. If you are considering a part time role, you'll need to adjust the guide pay details. For example, if the full time weekly pay shown is £246 and you work 20 hours per week, your basic weekly pay will be around £123 per week

Holiday Entitlement

Your holiday entitlement starts from four and a half week's paid holiday each year, on top of the eight Bank Holidays.

Our employees can join the Royal Mail Pension Scheme. Alternatively, employees can join our retirement savings plan that provides a pension based on the value of the contributions paid by the employee and Royal Mail Group.

jenna said:
postieman/women

Recruitment Day Salary Information

As we generally offer both full time and part time roles at our Recruitment Days the pay details shown as a guide above are based on full time hours. If you are considering a part time role, you'll need to adjust the guide pay details. For example, if the full time weekly pay shown is £246 and you work 20 hours per week, your basic weekly pay will be around £123 per week

Holiday Entitlement

Your holiday entitlement starts from four and a half week's paid holiday each year, on top of the eight Bank Holidays.

Our employees can join the Royal Mail Pension Scheme. Alternatively, employees can join our retirement savings plan that provides a pension based on the value of the contributions paid by the employee and Royal Mail Group.

now to me thats a fooking good job. if the brits aren't for that then im sure the poles and turks will be up for it. :roll:

thats not a lot for those early mornings!!

there on more than me but they have early mornings, less holidays and i get flexi time so i dont think its that great.

budge said:
annem said:
thats not a lot for those early mornings!!

other jobs are worse money and conditions than that

yeah i guess they must be on £6p/h which is above min wage. I don't see why they don't just leave and get another job. I know some areas are harder than others to get a job but i'd sure try if i was them and it was that bad!

I used to know a woman who worked for Royal Mail as did her hubbie and they were loaded :shock:

i dont agree with the strike at all. its really getting on my wick having no post.
im not being funny but its hardly a demanding job you walk read an address and post it through a letter box?! i think they earn a good wage for what they do.
i havent had a pay rise this year cos theyre gonna do a big pay review apparently???(im a nurse) do we strike no!
i studied hard for 3 years to get my job i am one of the worst paid public service workers.
nurses study longer and to a higher standard than firemen, police and we get paid the least, it really ps me off. i risk my life too! i can remember a study a few years ago saying that more nurses were assulted on the job than police :shock: and thats reported assults. i have been assulted several times and not reported it cos no ones gonna arrest and 80 year old demented lady!
rant over im hormonal today!!! :lol:

You're right on the assaults nanthanmum,we're learning at the moment at uni how to deal with agressive and abusive patients .

Some people dont have skills like that though and arnt as clever as other people doesnt mean they should put up with rubbish. Its not just pay. They obviesltly have an inportant role to play in society if people get the huff when they dont show up with there mail. Every one knows the positives and negatives when applying for a job. Some times its easy to leave some times its not. They obviestly think theres something worth fighting for. :) bless em

your pay and conditions should reflect the responsibility and studying needing in your job.
im not saying that people that are not bright should work for pennies and get no holiday, but for what postmen do i think theyre wages and conditions are fine.

nathanmum said:
your pay and conditions should reflect the responsibility and studying needing in your job.

i don't agree with that at all.
what about carers nursing assistants or domestics?
They may not have been to university and studied for years but their natural skill and ability to care and work unreasonable hours at times to me justifies them being paid every bit as much as a qualified nurse.

i think pay should be on how much we value that job and it being done well and to a high level.

im by no means saying that royal mail workers are under paid though. they aren't. they seem to me to be just palin avericious

i agree they should be on a good wage.
i suppose how skilled the job you do should be added to my last post then

nathanmum said:
i agree they should be on a good wage.
i suppose how skilled the job you do should be added to my last post then

yep. but not just skilled but how much do we value the job they do. How much we need the job done too. :)

i got mail today, i thought the strike ended today :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back