• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Routines

leanne1b

Reaction score
Lo is 5 months old now. I was Just wondering if ur babies had routines at this age, if yes, what kind of routine did urs have? I'm just finding it difficult, as he normally sleeps thru the night, but occasionally kick off for ages, so would wake a little later than normal, and HATES naps. With my oldest I would kinda set the routine around nap time, but he isn't being too cooperative lol. Have I left it too late to get him into one? Also ideally I'd want him to have an afternoon nap at around 2.... So it works well with his bed routine, but then I'd have to wake him to collect his sister from nursery...
God I'm shite at this stuff x

I must admit, i've been crap at getting Evelyn into a routine... I'm too soft and she's normally at her best on an evening so I have a tendency to keep her up...! Lol!
Just started a routine now. It's gonna be hard but we're just gonna have to work at it or we'll never get our evenings back.x

noas only rutine is bed at 8.30 on the dot.
he naps when he wants during the day. i dont think u ucan be too late for a rutine but i guess the earlier u start the easier?

does walkin with the pram make him sleepy? in that case you could walk him the same time every day?

I've had a routine for liv since she was born.

She wakes up between 8-9 has a bottle, plays in bed with me for an hour, then we go down stairs and she has her breakfast between 10-11 , after breakfast she plays till half 11 then nap time.

Wakes up at 12 plays in her walker for a while, has dinner between 1-2 and then another nap after dinner, wakes up and plays till half 3 has another nap.

Wakes up about 4 has her tea between 5-6 then plays till 7, has porridge for her supper at 7.15 then bath time at 8 then has her last bottle and is asleep and in bed by half 8 and sleeps till 8-9 .

Our day sounds so boring when it's written down lol x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a routine for liv since she was born.

She wakes up between 8-9 has a bottle, plays in bed with me for an hour, then we go down stairs and she has her breakfast between 10-11 , after breakfast she plays till half 11 then nap time.

Wakes up at 12 plays in her walker for a while, has dinner between 1-2 and then another nap after dinner, wakes up and plays till half 3 has another nap.

Wakes up about 4 has her tea between 5-6 then plays till 7, has porridge for her supper at 7.15 then bath time at 8 then has her last bottle and is asleep and in bed by half 8 and sleeps till 8-9 .

Our day sounds so boring when it's written down lol x

Thats fab, I really wish I could stick to a routine, it would be great for my little boy but I cant stand the day set out for me and we travel so much I dont think it would work anyways :( ohh well maybe with this one.

Tbf we still go out loads and if it's a long journey I make sure to plan it around nap times lol x

at the moment amelia feeds at 8-8.30 then has a bath at 9 then she wants another feed at 9.30-10.00 ish then she goes to bed but still feeds through the ngth and through the day she just feeds and sleeps when she wants at the moment x

Tbf we still go out loads and if it's a long journey I make sure to plan it around nap times lol x

Aw thats really good though, The problem with us is not going out as we dont alot but we travel between uk and turkey every 2-3 months and then inbetween them we travel to the inlaws about 8 hour drive away for weeks at a time and with so many people ive found it impossivle to do routines. I am really going to try with this baby as if I have 2 like my son Ill never get any sleep :( When did you start the routine? Like what age? Or have you always done it?

I've always done it x

Chloe doesn't have a sleeping routine during the day but I put her to bed every night at 7pm and she sleeps till 4am till I give her a small drink (normally falls asleep within the minute) and then sleeps till 7am x

I know this is a bit controversial, but do you really NEED a routine? Aiden is my first baby. He sleeps 11pm while 8am, he settles himself on a night when he goes down. The only routine we have is after his 7pm feed he has a bath and some talk time on his mat. But everyday is different, he naps whenever and quite a lot and sometimes he goes back to sleep after 8am feed, sometimes he doesnt. Thing is he is so happy and content and im happy and relaxed, but im worried now that he doesnt have 'a routine' so to ask again 'does he really need one?' xx Thanks

I dont know to be honet coz neither does mine! He goes down between 8 and 9.... sleeps until 7 or 8.... and then its kind of anything! Still only interested in milk, hates naps... so dont really know where to start?
I think it kinda depends on the baby maybe? I want him to be in a routine as it kinda helps me set out the day.... but i guess ill work it out eventually xx

Tegan baths at 7.30pm and is asleep in her moses basket by 8.30pm she then sleeps through till 7.30am. she has no routine at all in the day and just naps when she wants x

we don't have a day routine as such, but we get up at 7am (if he wakes earlier he keeps himself amused), change then breakfast straight away. In the evening we have dinner at 5 (his only solid meal at the moment), bathe at 6, last feed at 6:30 and he's always fast asleep by 7pm. Anything that happens between 8am and 5pm is chance - he hates napping and I'm just thankful for any sleep he has. The only structure are his feeds which are every 3 hours. I often think we should have more of a routine but he seems happy for now - perhaps it will come with time but I'm not going to force one on him unless i think he really needs it....is that bad?

Every baby and every parent is different. Some need a routine-wither for the mummy or the baby. I personally like to have one but it's kinda 'ish' I like to know where I am with things. I followed little ones lead and n=know he eats every 3 ish hours and naps after awake time. I read a few books and it helped me just to get an idea of diff things. If baby is happy and you are happy just stick with what you're doing:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back