Robyn May 8th Feb - Homebirth!

Hypnorm said:
Well what a huge contrast to the hosp birth i had with Ewan.
Still a bit shell shocked and getting used to being a human milk machine again!

3am on sunday i got up to go to the loo, been having BH all day and they were getting on my nerves, got back in to bed and was just dosing off and i suddenly felt a very warm sensation, i though i had peed my self but having just been to the loo i thought was unlikely. I being too scared to move i laid there for a while, didnt want to bother OH as nothing was happening. Eventually got up again and leaked in to the toilet, strange smell not off but knew it was my waters.
6am just got back to sleep as i leaked again, this time i got up and went to the loo and told OH that waters and now plug had gone, didnt see it as i vanished down the loo.

OH sent me off for a walk with the dog and i promtly fell over on sheet ice! and came back having scalped my finger. We phoned the midiwve unit just to let them know something might happen today.

My mum and dad came over and had Ewan for the day, Ewan was excited and thought it was all a big adventure.

11am Tom and myself went for a gingerly walk to try and get contractions going as nothing was really happening, by the time we got back from the walk considering there is stilla ft of snow!!! contractions were coming about every 5 -8 mins, Tom made me lunch and kept giving me cups of tea whilst we listened to the radio! i turned of my computer as people were trying to MSN me!!!!
i was wired up to the tens which was working nicely, at about 2.30-3 pm the midwife said she was just local and to phone her mobile if we needed her and to give about 30 mins.
i was quite happy, contractions were getting very painful but Hubby was being a star and helping me through them, 3.30 it started snowing heavuly again and the MW phoned and asked if it would be ok for her to pop in now, i hadnt realised me contractions were actually around every 3 mins!!!
she arrived at 4 and at this point i was really ready for gas and air, i was trying to do without it but i really needed it, i was knelt on the floor with me head on our sofa, on an old duvet.
MW checdked babys heart and all was ok, she left us to do what we wanted, and also said if i felt i needed to push just to go with it but let her know and she would call the 2nd MW sooner what with the weather.
I sad that i could feel baby coming down, so the 2nd mw was called.
Luckily the neighbours didnt hear me grunting! Oh said i was very determined!! nex thing i can feel the baby coming, just as the 2nd midwife comes through the door out pops Robyn!!! I couldnt do anything she just came! i was sooo glad that the pain had gone! cord was left attached, for abour 20 mins and Robyn latched straight on for a feed. Oh cut the cord.
Then made us all some tea and toast! with fresh baked bread,.
They stayed with us for about 2hrs to check i wasnt bleeding and then left us to it.
I was lovely, we picked up Ewan the next day as the roads were bad and it gave me and OH time to our selves.
Really restored my faith in the health system, Robyn is very content and feeding sooo much easiler than Ewan ever did.
She was 6lb 11oz tiny compared to Ewans 8lb1.5oz!!

Photos of being weighed and me on our sofa! excuse the knickjers by my head!
IMG_0519.jpg

10022009359.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

well done and congratulations!!! :hug:

Well done and congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little daughter :D

Congratulations!!!! she's very cute and pretty!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads