• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roald Dahl.

budge

Reaction score
i love his books. His adult ones the kids ones.
Does everyone realise that on the 13th September he would have been 91 years old.
:shock:

there was a whole weekend dedicated to him on BBC3 and i really enjoyed it. He had such a lot of tragic things happen in his life its quite unbelievable. :(

i think the favourite book i have read of his has to be ''danny the champion of the world'' i love that one. :)

i haven't got a clue who you're on about. am i uneducated?
:oops: * quickly runs to google*

Yeah I love his stories too...Danny was great because it was almost believable...I'd love to see if I could catch a phesant using one of his techniques :lol: And the fire balloon

And I can't wait til Jonah's a bit older so I can read them all to him... :D

laetitia85 said:

He was a brilliant writer mostly childrens stuff, Willy Wonka? BFG? James and the Giant Peach? Danny Champion of The World? Witches? Georges Marvolus medicine? They are just the ones of the top of my head! I grew up redaing him and EnID bLYTON! :D

There is some interviews here with him - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/audiointer ... hlr1.shtml

I love his books they bring back so many memories from when I was small! I loved Fantastic Mr Fox. Oh and Georges marvellous medicine. Oh and the twits. Oh and Matilda. Actually I think I love them all! :cheer:

Danny the chanpion the world is my favorite too!! I read that book so many times when I was a kid. I also love the Twits too. We've got Dan loads of his books.........a women was selling then for 20p each at a car booty, bargin!

I live just up the road from the roald dahl museum, will def take Dan when he's a bit older :D

http://www.roalddahlmuseum.org/

Have you read Boy? That's really good.
My bro flies to Dar es Salaam sometimes and the only fact that I can tell him every time he goes is that RD was posted out there in the war :D

siobhan said:
laetitia85 said:

He was a brilliant writer mostly childrens stuff, Willy Wonka? BFG? James and the Giant Peach? Danny Champion of The World? Witches? Georges Marvolus medicine? They are just the ones of the top of my head! I grew up redaing him and EnID bLYTON! :D

There is some interviews here with him - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/audiointer ... hlr1.shtml

Yes I've just googled him :oops:
I grew up in Belgium - I don't remember reading any of his books but since i've been here i have obviously heard of some of these titles! Just didn't come accross him in my childhood!

laetitia85 said:
siobhan said:
laetitia85 said:

I grew up in Belgium - I don't remember reading any of his books but since i've been here i have obviously heard of some of these titles! Just didn't come accross him in my childhood!

Def read them to your little boy when he is older! The books are fab and kids never tire of them.

Revolting rhymes are also great!

Oh and talking of Enid Blyton - my OH had never heard of Mallory Towers or The Twins at St Clares! I LOVED those books!!!!

Kylie1007 said:
laetitia85 said:
siobhan said:
laetitia85 said:

Def read them to your little boy when he is older! The books are fab and kids never tire of them.

Revolting rhymes are also great!

Oh and talking of Enid Blyton - my OH had never heard of Mallory Towers or The Twins at St Clares! I LOVED those books!!!!

I will, thanks! :wink:

i loved his books so much so im starting collecting them for when Oliver is older so he will have his own collection to read. I also watched the Roald Dahl weekend and thought it was brill!!!!!!!

I love Roald Dahl books. I still have all mine and i'll be reading them to Thea.

budge said:
laetitia85 said:

OMG you're making me look even more uneducated lol :| read my other posts - as a kid i never came accross his books as i grew up in belgium.

laetitia85 said:
budge said:
laetitia85 said:

OMG you're making me look even more uneducated lol :| read my other posts - as a kid i never came accross his books as i grew up in belgium.

nooooo i don't think any thing of the sort about you.

just though everyone had heard of him. :lol:

Esio Trot is a good one too....title is actually Tortoise spelled backwards....nice sort one for 7-9 years olds :D

Kylie1007 said:

Me too! I had all of them AND all of the Famous Five :oops: :)
I watched the BFG on BBC Three during Roald Dahl Weekend, it was great! Don't think I could name a favourite book out of all of them though :D

I have just finished collecting all the Mr Men books and his are the next ones on my list. Hoping DH will read bump a story everynight. Nothing like being prepared!

Mr men are great :cheer: Dan got brought the Mr Men bus (with all the books) when he was born. OH reads one each night! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back