RIGHTS?

Becks&Riley

Reaction score
Hiys I was just wondering if anybody has any site/personal experiences about single mothers rights, and unmarried fathers?
Whats right does an unmarried father have that isnt on the birth certificate?

I think practically nnone at all, i will pm you x

Not many to be honest. He has no say in what you do or where you take the child or anything to with medical consent etc.

Only way he could get it is by applying for a parental responsibility agreement. Then he would have more say in the childs upbringing and stuff.

thats what i thought tbh so they cant make themselfs be on certificate i've been told all this Bo**ocks from him lol and what better way to find out than here with peoples real life experiences and stuff

Becks_again said:
thats what i thought tbh so they cant make themselfs be on certificate i've been told all this Bo**ocks from him lol and what better way to find out than here with peoples real life experiences and stuff

He'll probably say anything to get his own way, he'll fill you with all sorts of s**t.

Just get loads of info off the net and stuff then when he thinks he's clever say 'Actually, this is how it is....' and shut him up with all your new-found knowledge :lol:

hey hun if he is not with u wen u do the birth certificate he has NO rites wot so ever BUT if he wants to be on it he can take u to court and get himself put on it he will have to prove he is the dad tho!! IF he does this thinking money and time etc so prob wont he will get equal parental responsibility

i thought that the father gets automatic parental rights if youre not married, or is that only for fathers that are on the birth certificate. i know the law changed in January 2004.

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
hey hun if he is not with u wen u do the birth certificate he has NO rites wot so ever BUT if he wants to be on it he can take u to court and get himself put on it he will have to prove he is the dad tho!! IF he does this thinking money and time etc so prob wont he will get equal parental responsibility

I agree, if he proves he is the father by dna tests - then he has equal rights.

Its none of my business i know and sorry for poking me nose in but wouldnt it be better for your daughters sake to let him be involved esp. if he wants to be, i grew up without my Dad simply because he didn't want to know and i know me and my Brother have found it hard even though we have had a Step-dad for years.

It just upsets me to see women not letting fathers be involved when they want to be, there are enough children out there who's fathers don't want to know

sorry :oops:

Im not stopping him see her lol
1st after i we broke up for him being violent 2 me it was "shes lying about being preg"
and then "im not the father" and all this even though as u all know riley was planned lol on his mypace profile he still has "I dont want kids". I just would prefer it if he wasnt on the birth certificate which i will do so he then goes off on one saying u have no rights etc and he'll win custody of riley in courts because his mum says her solicitor says so LOOOOL coming from an unemployed weed smoker who lives at home in his mothers and fathers council house lol

hun i have read some post about ur ex and altho i do agree with puddles i think in this case u have to do wot u can for riley safety

Princess_Puddles said:
Its none of my business i know and sorry for poking me nose in but wouldnt it be better for your daughters sake to let him be involved esp. if he wants to be, i grew up without my Dad simply because he didn't want to know and i know me and my Brother have found it hard even though we have had a Step-dad for years.

It just upsets me to see women not letting fathers be involved when they want to be, there are enough children out there who's fathers don't want to know

sorry :oops:

I agree there. At least baby will know who the father is, rather than having 'unknown', then he can have the option of being involved and if he doesnt then thats his tough luck, It may make you look the bad person later on when he asks why there is no dad on his certificate.

Like i said on the above post I dnt mind him seeing her like occasionally but never without me and I dont want him on the birth certificate case he tries and funny ideas

im gonna get my head bitten of here but
i agree with u hun
wish i hadnt put Garry on B's and he hasnt done half the stuff ur ex has done to urs
i would never have stopped B knowing who his dad is but i have to colnsult someone who doesnt care about B at all with everything i do

Thats all I want to do really,
I could go for weeks without having convos with him i mean he never asks how shes/i'm doin he hasnt bought 1 single thing and probs never will lol (weeds more important)

a bit like my ex apart from he did buy Braydon a £5 cot mobile the opposite of wot i asked for :twisted:

He cant put himself on the birth certificate unless you're there. The mother has to be present unless you are married and then either of you can register the birth.

Once his name is on it it will give him parental responsibility, this is automatic if you are married at the time of birth. If his name isnt on it he will have to apply to court for a parental responsibility order which wont automatically be granted.

If I were you and given that he has a history of violence let him take that route and if he wants access let that also be decided by the courts. Keep any evidence of threats, harassment and actual harm as these will go against his application. You can show willing in that you offer supervised access at a family centre. The very fact that he has not been involved throughout the pregnancy will not look good particularly if he has not requested scan pics etc.

He is just bullying you hun so put your foot down. You can state that if he were to be given access via a less formal route such as collecting the child from your house then he will use this as an opportunity to intimidate and bully you hence why you will only allow access via a supervised environment. Not an ideal method but if he wasnt such an idiot in the first place then you wouldnt have to be forced into taking that action. Good Luck and DONT let him grind you down :)

I really hope i haven't offended you hun i was just putting across my opinion its entirely up to you what you do and how you go about it. :hug:

Nahh no1 offended me :)
its just basically hes saying put me on the birth certificate or im going through the courts etc i dunno where he'd get the money *sniggers*
and also he has a police caution frm when he hit me n stuff so thats not in his favor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back