Right super sleuths... I need your help!

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Not sure what to do with this one! I bought something on ebay on Monday last week that hadn't yet turned up. So yesterday I emailed the seller to ask if he had sent it, he replied saying he had. I asked if he could track it because that had been a week and no sign - no card to say I'd missed it or anything. He replied saying someone called Craig had signed for it - there's no Craig in my house and none of my neighbours are called Craig. Hmm. So basically I have to rely on the seller now to contact UPS and hope that they can track it down.

So far he hasn't really gone out his way to help so I will file item not received tomorrow. However, if it comes to the crunch of a PayPal dispute will it find in my favour even if the item has been signed for by some random?

I think that if you file an 'item not received' dispute with paypal it is up to the seller to prove that YOU have recieved the item.
TBH he should be finding out from the courier who signed for the item (full name) and what address this was at.

If it went through a courier can he not supply you with the tracking number? You could then check it online yourself and see if it exists and if he sent it to the right place.

I think paypal would rule in your favour either way x

OK so the saga continues. Seller sent me the siggy. As mentioned above. My road is a funny one and another road joins on to the end of it so I went along to the same number as mine on that road to ask if it had been delivered there. A little old lady answered and had a go at me for having Chinese food sent to her house every Friday. Emmm... I've had one Chinese meal since Becky's birth and that was yesterday! AAANNYWAY... it wasn't her or anyone she knew.

UPS were no help really except they will contact the driver tomorrow and ask where he drove it to. However I have the siggy. Anyone want to hazard a guess? I think it's C something (obviously C for Craig). If I can get the surname hopefully I could maybe track down via the phone book?!

siggy.jpg

Thank you super sleuth detectives of PF!

It shouldn't be up to you! It's the driver's responsibility to look after that parcel, if it's not signed for by the right person, they should make a note of which house they have delivered it to. Kick up a bit of a fuss and he'll remember. We've had problems before, and they can normally remember eventually, colour of front door, where the bin was etc.

Also, if the courier can't prove you've had the parcel, I'd ask your buyer to claim from them.

surely they wouldn't sign their real name though?

to me that just looks like is says "Craig"

I'm the buyer :) UPS are investigating and the seller is now willing to do what he can. What annoys me is that someone has received a parcel they weren't expecting with my name and address on it! ARRGH!

UPS actually ASKED me to go to that other street and knock on the person's door! There is another place it could be but I'm not going to do it again :?

I would have thought that unless otherwise instructed they would have to deliver it to the door of the address stated.

I would query that just giving it to a geezer called 'Craig' without even taking a second name is unprofessional and I would urge the seller to contact UPS and complain, he should give you a refund/replacement himself but then claim his money back from UPS.

As Urchin said the sig just looks like someone has scribbled Craig.

Sarah xxx

We had a parcel delivered last week. DH was at work and I was still in bed - I never looked at the parcel, just assumed it was for DH. I signed my name and put the parcel aside.
When Dh got home I had a right go at him for spending money on computer bits.... then he pointed out on the parcel it was someone else's name and address completely!!
We are honest though so we contacted the couriers and they picked it up the next day. No idea why they delivered it to our house at all!

Normally if a courier delivers a parcel of mine to a neighbour they would put a card thru my door to let me know where it was.
Sounds like its the curier at fault here. They should atleast have taken note of where it went.
Id say leave the sleuthig to your seller and the courier company, its up to them to fin out where its gone, not you.

Well UPS are being helpful. They've got in touch with the same driver who will hopefully have a good memory. He's to go to wherever he delivered it, ask for it back and then deliver it to me!

chickadee1976 said:
Normally if a courier delivers a parcel of mine to a neighbour they would put a card thru my door to let me know where it was.
Sounds like its the curier at fault here. They should atleast have taken note of where it went.
Id say leave the sleuthig to your seller and the courier company, its up to them to fin out where its gone, not you.
This is what happens out here too. Whenever a parcel is delivered to someone who's not home, they go to the neighbour's and give it to them, then put a slip/note in the postbox saying it was delivered to the neighbour's. It's standard procedure. Your UPS man didn't follow that and he should do that in future.

I'm sorry, perhaps I'm the only one here who cannot make out the name of the signature. It doesn't look like Craig to me, though :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back