Rib Cage pain twice now!!

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
Hey,
I keep getting rib cage pain its happened twice now it happened the other day but it wasnt as bad today i nearly couldnt breathe :eh: because it hurt!!

Is it something to do with me being pregnant??
It cant be baby near there at 18 weeks under neath my rib cage an im starting to panic as i read on the internet that you can get pre-clamsia or whatever its called but im getting bit worried now :shock:.

Any help or suggestions? thanks much apprecaited :D x

Try not to panic too much. Pre eclampsia would show in your Bp and as protein in your urine. Coupled by swelling, etc,etc
It could be down to your rib cage expanding to accomodate baby. If you get really worried, contact your m/w. That's what they're there for x

Don't panic its prob just growing pains with everything sifting about. I think we listen to our bodies more during pregnancy and so feel things even more. But contact mw if your worried and don't google it! Hope your feeling better tomorrow x

Remember even though baby isn't up there yet, everything else that was lower down is being pushed upwards to make space for your uterus, so it's not uncommon to get pains higher up as everything moves and expands!

everytime i have problems with my midwife will tell me to speak to the doctor shes hopeless hun so i dont bother an i put up with it if i need to :(.

i wont google it its just i typed it heartburn in pregnancy an it mentioned if ya get pain under the ribs bout pre clamsia lol.

Ive felt crap an ill today with tummy pains, everything seems to be going down hill now lol. ill be alright, i dont try an panic myself to much :) x

They test you all the time for signs of pre-eclampsia, so as Simone said they would pick up changes in your BP or urine. Your midwife will always tell you to speak to the doctor if you have anything you are really concerned about - if she suggested it why don't you make an appointment? x

my midwife is on leave for i dont no how long so im gettin transfered to someone else an my doc well shes pregnant an bout to give birth an also take 9 months off so i would av to see another doctor, i think im using to speakin to one person. although ive got an appointment after my scan with the midwife but not my midwife im guna mention few things to her :). ty ne way girlies :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back