3 weeks old and has slight nose bleed!

lisas_lil_girl

Reaction score
hi anybody got any useful advice about nose bleeds!

my little girl is 3 weeks old and last night when she sneezed i noticed a small amount of blood, which was dry. this afternoon she sneezed again and there was a small amount of fresh blood. so me worrying typed into a searcg engine and the results have really frightened me! would like a bit of reassureance (sorry for spelling!) she has the sniffles at the minute but im sure its not a cold.

thanx lisa xx

i was just about to ask the same thing, a couple of times ryan has done the same so i will looking for some answers too!

I dunno if theres anything wrong, but it happens to Tia a lot and always has done... even when she was little and hadn't bumped her nose (god fobbid we had a bumped nose :roll:)... it was always worse if she had been sneezing or had a cold...she would often wake up with blood all over her pillow... it was really scary. Even now we can't predict the nose bleeds.

I think some babies/people are more prone to it than others. My mother has terrible nose bleeds, yet I think I've had about 2 all my life. :think: The blood vessels in the nose are very small and fragile and can easily burst when irritated through sneezing, after all you sneeze at like 40 miles an hour...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back