Reusable nappies

GingerKitty

Reaction score
For the mums that went down this route - what brand did you go for? There seems to be quite a choice and not too much to differentiate between them!

I've got loads of different ones LOL!!

I used them on my last baby - 9yrs ago - but a lot has changed since then... I mostly used Tots Bots but back then they were two part nappies like their "back to basics" bamboo ones. And I used them with Motherease wraps. However I did find pee wicked on/from the binding.
When she was a toddler I discovered Wonderoos and really liked them.
I also had a complete mix of random ones I can't even remember them now, in the main it was tots bots.

This time round I have 7 Tots Bots Teenyfits, 3 newborn Grovia, 5 Little Lamb Bamboo nappies (these are 2 parters like the tots bots nappies I used 9yrs ago), and then the rest are Wonderoos & Real Easy.
Oh I do also have a couple of "Bambooty" nappies, one Close Pop In, and a couple of Milovia wraps. And then a few of Tots Bots Easyfits (like Teenyfits but Teenyfits are like 4-12lb and Easyfits are "birth to potty" or 7/8lb to 35lb).

In my experience though the birth to potty ones are a bit too big for skinny newborns which is why I bought some 'newborn' size nappies too.

You've just made me realise something pretty obvious - I could buy a few of different brands before making a big commitment! I was looking at all the "starter bundles" and wasn't sure which one to go for... this way I could find which one works best for me and bubba :)

Thanks! :)

Haha, no problem :)

You could also see if there's a nappy library near you and loan a kit, they will demo lots of different brands and let you try different ones in your kit so you can decide which you like best before buying your own.

I was going to do this but I'd already bought a few Grovia newborn and then I saw teenyfits on sale so bought them lol. Most of mine have been bought at less than RRP.
:D

I tried when my son was a baby, 10 years ago! I found them to be huge, he looked like he had nikki minaj's bottom in them and it was hard to fit clothes over them. I used the tots bots too, although I have to admit I had some really cool covers, rainbows, pumpkins, monsters all sorts. Phoenix85 are they a bit smaller now?? I was thinking about trying again this time around but only if they've developed them a bit better!!

My daughter's in little lambs bamboo fitted nappies and they're fantastic! We started with a mixture of those and eco-friendly disposables, and cloth definitely won ;-)
For wraps, we use either little lambs own ones or disana merino wool wraps (more the latter as it gets colder).
Phoenix85 knows everything about cloth nappies though - I got loads of useful info from her in the first place lol
Could be good to get a tester pack or try a nappy library - I've mentioned too on other threads that our city council has a cloth nappy scheme offering a free tester pack or £30 cashback for spending £50 on cloth nappies, maybe there's something similar where you are?

Oh and JamsMom, they are a little bulkier than disposables, but not too bad! Our Rowan looked ridiculous in them newborn, but less so now at 4 months haha
I don't know about 10 yrs ago but they're definitely better fitting than the terry towelling nappies my kid brother used to have about 25 yrs ago!

Thankyou, I might look into them again for this one then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back