Retained Placenta

Yvonne

Reaction score
Anyone on their second or third child who has has a retained placenta with previous deliveries?

I am pregnant with my second and i had retained placenta with my daughter and had to be taken to theatre straight away to have it manually removed, i didn't have any bonding time with my daughter and didn't see her till 4 hours after.
I dont want that again, i think the main reason was they tugged too much and didn't leave it to come on it own but does anyone know if it happens again?

i am going to request for it to come on its own next time but i've heard it takes over an hour! but i suppose i will get a better time afterwards.

Please respond if you know any answers :D

Hi Amys Mum

I am pregnant with my first child but my midwife gave me some booklets on Friday and i read about the placenta, apparentmy they can inject you to make it come oput faster and it takes up to 20 mins.

Thanks for you reply

They injected me when I had amy, but they still pulled to try and remove it quicker and it a piece of it got stuck.

I am going to ask them not to inject me this time and try and let it come naturally.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back