Restless Leg Syndrome

bubbles333

Reaction score
I am 29 weeks and suffering badly with Restless legs. I just cannot relax them. And I have to keep moving them. I am awake till 4/5 in the morning and then I finally manage to get some sleep. It is driving me mad.
I have tried everything - Laying with my legs up, and loads of other stuff.
Has anyone else suffering or have any ideas to help it.

Its driving me mad ! :(

Tonic water (for the quinine) is supposed to help. It helped me reduce the cramps and itchy feelings I got.

Otherwise what about some foot/leg spray or lotion? Peppermint is good for cooling.

I used to get this really bad. My midwife told me that iron deficiency wasn't a cause but I was given iron tablets for my anemia anyway and ever since I started taking them I havent had it :)

Hi

I just started getting this really bad it drives me nuts at night
Katrina

I get this terribly.

I also read iron deficiency can be a factor. And since i've been on iron i don't get as bad, maybe just a coincidence tho???

They also say taking a walk every evening can help, if you have the energy, lol!

Lau
x

Thanks for the suggestions. Will def try them. Altho I got my iron levels tested and they were fine. So who knows.

:wall:

I get it often bubbles333 so can sympathize :hug: I've not found anything to stop or ease it, except from getting up and walking around, guess getting the blood flowing helps, I hope it eases for you :hug:

I was given quinine tablets for it... but I actually think it is iron deficiency as I was told I was aneamic last week and have been taking iron tablets and it has gone away completely.... Much to my husbands relief as well as my own...

Clarins do a lovely leg cream which helps to "sooth tired legs" called "energising emulsion" got some for my birthday, is lovely, so if anyone owes you a treat - get some of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back