renewed driving license

little*red

Reaction score
having just found the paper part to my driving license, ive just only sent of for my new one to changed it from my maiden name to my married name and my address too.
Has anyone else done this with their license, i was just wondering how long it might take them to return it? i also changed my photo on it because i look completely differnt to how i looked at 16! :D

I have done this (didn't change my photo though - wanted to look youthful ;)) honestly can't remember how long it took- although I remember worrying about it.
I would say about a couple of weeks - but really can't remember, sorry (useless aren't I?!)

Thanks for the reply

i just found this:
DVLA aim to deliver your driving licence to you within three weeks of receiving your application. It might take longer if DVLA have to check on your health or personal details. Please allow at least three weeks for your licence to arrive before contacting DVLA

not that i need my license i just wanted to see what it would look like wiht my new photo on it :lol: . Also just read that you get fined £1000 if you dont tell them about your new name or address. it took me 4 months to change it, i hope i dont get into trouble!

i got mine back in about 2 weeks, and i changed my pic too coz my old one was awful!

I wouldn't think so - we moved a few months after we got married so I decided to wait and change both together then. I think the fine is for people who never change it.

You'll be fine hun I didn't change mine till I was married about six months. I think it took a couple of months to come back. I've been married over a year now and still haven't updated my passport. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back