Provisional license queary

sazzylou

Reaction score
Im finally gettnig off my bum and getting myself driving but i need to send off for my provisional first. I know i can use my passport as ID , but i have a slight problem....my passport is out of date! Only by about a week which is frigging annoying, i just didnt know.....so anyway, is it still valid as ID? Cos like, its still me and everything :lol: i cant really afford to buy a new license and a passport :( I read that they take birth cetificates too (if you have some other ID ) but i dont have that either!!

Grrrr, i just want to book me lesssonsssssssssssss!

i don't know but i doubt they'll take your passport. I would find the website for your local registry office and sort out getting a copy of your birth certificate (providing your birth was registered in England and you know which county you were born in.) that will be loads cheaper than renewing your passport :)

As monster_munch said, it would be cheaper to get a copy of your birth certificate than passport, as I had to do the same recently for my provisional, £13.50 is all it is for your birth certificate :)

ah, thanks a lot ladies! I think i'll do the birth certificate thing. If i had to renew my passport AND get a license it would be over 100 quid :shock: Im gonna struggle enough paying for the lessons :lol: ( OH made redundant, im a pauper, lol) I havent got a clue what happened to mine, but i'll get hold of the registry peeps and get a copy.

I never had to send mone in sazzylou - just my birth certificate and spmething else.Proof of address i think it was.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I never had to send mone in sazzylou - just my birth certificate and spmething else.Proof of address i think it was.

Thank goodness for that...its 72 quid to renew your passport nowadays! Madness :shock: Glad i can get away with just my birth certificate... Ive rung my muim and told her to dig out the one that i KNOW she had, but im not holding out much hope tbh...she's probably lost it :roll: so think i'll have to get a new one :)

My full birth certificate was only 7 quid to replace. Not too bad. Youl love getting your provisonal back in the post - i was so excited bout mine coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back