Remembering my first baby purchase

MummyJess

Reaction score
The first thing I ever bought for my very own baby was a little white hat with ears from Boots. I had just got my BFP which was a total shock as I was 17 and in sixth form at a posh girls school doing my AS levels. I was a 10 a day smoker at the time I bought the hat with one of my only friends I had told so I had a visual reminder to myself not to give into the nicotine cravings. I used to keep it in my bag and have a sneaky peek at it in secret!

Don't think my daughter actually ever wore it cos I went pink mad after she was born but I do remember it fondly as my first step into Motherhood!

Just wondered if others can remember what their first baby buy was and if it had any significance? Also, how soon after your BFP did you buy it or was it even before you knew you were pregnant?

I have no idea :oops:

that's sweet that you remember yours though

A pink pair of booties. I was about 22 weeks and had just found out i was having a girl. I had 3 nephews at the time and expecting a 4th, and OH had 2 nephews too, so she was the first girl!
She never wore them though, she has big feet!

I bought her a white dress with pink and yellow spots on it with matching shoes. I would have been at least 30 weeks preg by this point and the plan was for her to wear it for my 30th birthday when she was 5 weeks old- I thought (wrongly) that she would fit 0-3months clothes by then! Instead she wore it, although it was still a bit big, to her daddy's 30th birthday celebrations when she was 11 weeks old!

OMG it would be 20yrs ago now and i have no idea :think:

Wish i could remember this :doh:

wE didn't find out the sex so we decided not to buy many clothes until he was born coz i knew id get bored of plain white/cream stuff

With Tia it was this little baby grow with ducks on it that came with mittens and a little hat... and I also brought this little set of mint green fleecy dungarees.. with tweety pie on it with a little shirt. I put lil miss in it too.. :)

IMGP0072.jpg

For lil miss I brought a blue teddy bear and a rocket ship rattle (we were told we were having a boy) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Our first buy was the travel system, which we bought at 12 weeks :lol:

My friend borrowed our car seat for her LO as she was borrowing the one they were using from a friend of hers who needed it back as they were expecting their baby around the time we bought ours, so we lent them our car seat. Funnily enough, by the time mine was due they gave it back as their LO was old enough for a booster seat. Worked out perfectly :lol: Now they're working on LO number 2, my LO may well be old enough for a booster seat so they can borrow our car seat again, and round it goes.... :lol:

(BTW they're very trustworthy with it...)

I remember my first baby purchase! :D
It was a little winnie the pooh bottle set with a bottle, bib, and rattle in a red polka dot case! :D I still have it in Josephs baby box in the attic!

reading through all these replies now i almost wish ours had been a sentimental little thing :lol: never mind :D

I remember my first baby purchase. I was about 7 weeks pregnant and had been having really bad pains. a&e referred me for a scan and I was really scared something had gone wrong. I was in WH Smiths and they had these cute little cuddly toys, one of which was a tiger.Ipromised baby (Seren) that if they were ok I would buy them it. It is still in her bedroom now.

Ahh, there's some really sweet stuff here. I've added a poll cos I thought it would be interesting to see how many people remember this and if it was a practical buy or a sentimental one.

I can't remember with George it was possibly Vests or something :think:
I got Sam a top that said 'Little Man in the Making' when I found out i was expecting a boy.

my first baby purchase, after my friend kept telling me i had to start buying things.. i was tooo scared, i was about 23weeks (i think)

it was his coming home outfit from hosptial..

A lil Blue top, and bottoms, a lil hat and scratch mitts, (all matching)
and to put a smile on his Daddys face.. a lil vest saying "my daddy's my Hero"

all from boots..

xx

Mine was a matching changing mat and bouncer from Boots in the January sales :doh:

Second to that, clothes from Adams, also in the Jan sales..

I bought a vest that said I love Daddy. It was around father's day last year, but unfortunately we lost that baby. Luckily it was the only thing we had bought. With August, I didn't buy anything until 22 weeks because I was so worried. It was our pram and I felt funny about getting it so early, but we got a fab deal at the baby show. August wore the I Love Daddy vest when he was 2 days old.

I bought these scratch mits when I was about 16 weeks pregnant,

mittens_r4_c8.jpg

they've yet to be taken out of the packet, let alone worn but I'll keep them forever!

Alex xxx

I bought a lovely little blanket when I was about 12 weeks pregnant. I fell in love with it because it was so pretty and soft, and fit my personality so well. We use it a lot and I hope that if Jacob has a "blankey" this will be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back