baby sleeping bags

kerryp

Reaction score
Hi,
i bought a 2.5 tog sleeping bag today... well my mum did but she has moaned ever since that i should have bought the 6-12 months one instead of 0-6 months as apparently the only difference is the length so it wont last very long.
Is this true? baby is due in sept so i thought by the time its 6 months old it should be getting bit warmer so i shouldnt need 2.5tog but who am i to know as this is my first baby :D
Can anyone advise me on this?
Kerry

i wouldnt worry too much, im not sure how different the sizes are but if you are anything like me and have a decent size baby anything less wont fit anyway :wink:

the one u got will be fine. im tellin u, those things look enormous next to newborn- there'll be plenty room! :lol:

Oliver's just gone into his 6-12 months bag because I needed a summer tog and wanted it to last longer, but there's no way he would have fitted in it from birth. Even now it's too big around his arms and chest, and really wide across his shoulders.

I think 0-6 months is the best bet, by the time s/he is into the next size you would have had to buy a new tog anyway, so either way you would have had to buy two :)

It doesn't matter if they are long on LO, and you'll be surprised how quickly they grow out of 0-6month :wink: I would ask around about different brands etc too as some are very restrictive at the neck on LO, I find Disney especially so, but might just be me :oops: Very best wishes, it will be fine :hug:

the 0-6 are pretty big hon - it'll last you for ages, don't worry.

usually the label inside will tell you how big your baby has to be before they can go in them. connor only just goes into his 0-6 bag cos it was a minimum 5kg! :shock:

i've found that i need at least 3 bags cos he's quite a sicky baby - i can't wash things fast enough...

you might find that 2.5 is too warm if we have a nice september... it could be worth picking up another bag that's maybe 1 tog? tkmaxx and tesco do cheap ones. you'll get use out of it if you layer a vest & sleepsuit under it as it gets colder.

and its the size of the neck uhave to worry about , a 6-12 will have a bigger necck space so a newborn would probably be able to slip through it

We have a 10lb'er baby and he is in a 0-6 and it still is huge length wise etc. Its suitable for 7.5lb and over so he went in it from birth.

The neck is as has been said what you need to consider and I'd certainly not put a small baby in a 6-12 month old sleeping bag for that reason alone.

Stick with the 0-6 months and move up to the larger size when you actually need it :)

thanks for all your replies, i really do feel i made the right choice now :) we had "no choice" with the tog as it was part of 3 for 2 in boots on sleepwear & i was getting a cot bumper & quilt (for when its older) & they only had 2.5 tog bags. my mu wouldnt let me look in tkmaxx so thats for another day when shes not around hehehehehe
Thanks again folks.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back