relationship after baby

jodie_honey

Reaction score
how has ur relationship been after you have had ur baby?
at first me and oh got on fantastic and he was great with abigail but hes got abit lazy now and im constantly naggin at hime which is causin us to argue and im wonderin if its just the strain of the big life change or if its the end of us....anyone else?

we were like this when emma first came out of hospital but i explained how i felt to DH and he said that he felt like he could do no right with emma as i was always on at him that he wasnt doing things properly, so we tried that little bit harder to not wind each other up adn it helped a lot :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

We have our moments - but we have always had a strong relationship, sometimes he annoys me, sometimes I annoy him, but we know how to deal with each other at that point, and so it never lasts long!!!

I think its such a big life change having a baby, its all about adjusting - don't worry too much, explain how you are feeling, and what support you need - communication is key :D

We also have our moments, I wouldnt call them arguments, just disagreements.
But in general my DH is absolutely brilliant. With me, Danny...

I think, having the baby made us even stronger. It was tought in the beginning, to adjust to the new things, but in the end it worked for us, and our relationship is better then ever. :D

Yes it made me go abit haywire at my DH at times as he can be lazy, but then so can i!

Babies can either make you or break you as a couple. It has deintely made me and 'dh more secure with one another and were happier then we were then when e were childless. Our kids give us purpose :D

Our's has gotten even better since we had Lola, We have our moments but then again doesn't everyone?

I feel more secure now and just love my little family to bits :D

we are struggling at the moment :wall: and it's number 2 for us. He's great with both kids and I don't nag at him things just aint working.

i think having a baby puts mega strain on any relationship and like others have said it makes or breaks you...my advice is try to make it work but dont stay in an unhappy relationship just because its 'comfy' and cos of the baby...me and my oh have just split hun about some of the same reasons :hug:

Hi Hun,

Me and DH have had a bit of a tough time. Basically he thinks he can just carry on exactly as he was before James arrived - i.e. work all the hours that god sends and when he comes home gets a can out of the fridge and puts his feet up.... :wall: :wall:
After a few "conversations" about this however he is loads better and takes James off me and drinks a lot less in the week. But he still needs a nudge every now and then.
I think us ladies need to remember that where as we have been preparing for this for 9 months and had a constant reminder of the fact our lives were going to be different and did indeed change during those 9 months, for a bloke its much more of a shock to the system and I think we need to realise that it takes them longer to adjust literally cos they dont get to experience baby growing in their belly.
Once I got my head round that and had good chats to DH to make him see how different life was for me on a daily basis and I needed him to relieve some of that pressure of a night, he has been loads better.
:cheer: :cheer:

We're better than we were before :cheer:

He's so patient, he gets up during the night with Ryan (almost every night actually!) and he never complains, seriously.

Only time we argue is when I nag him but sometimes it just can't be helped cos men need nagging :wink:

He's so nice to me all the time, I think he deserves someone better then me to be honest :lol:

x-kirsty-x said:
Only time we argue is when I nag him but sometimes it just can't be helped cos men need nagging :wink:

A-men to that!!!! :wink:

in a way we are stronger as we are now parents with not only love for each other but a shared love for one person greater than we ever couldve imagined. BUT, having a baby has put a massive, MASSIVE strain on our relationship- and i reluctantly HAVE turned into a nag- coz he has become a bit lazy and sometimes immature so he NEEDS nagging, as kirsty said! I'm the one who's changed the most since the birth, iv grown up way more!

oh yes, and when we DO have a tiff, we are both much more grown up about it- no more stomping off shouting "thats it, we're finished!" over something trivial! we are much more civilised now :lol: and anyway dont wanna get into the habit of falling out infront of waa-waa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back