refusing induction / smelly 'down there'

charlotte_

Reaction score
two very different questions!
has anyone here ever refused induction? i was considering it with zach before my waters broke, and wondered what the procedure was like? do you get daily scans? did you get a hard time for it? i sometimes think if i had refused i wouldn't have ended up with an emergency c-section.

and, i've noticed my vagina smells! not really badly just stronger, my OH hasn't noticed it, but i do if i sit with my legs crossed, not pleasant! any ideas why?

Firstly, yes you can refuse an induction and they will then monitor you and baby with weekly/twice weekly check ups with doppler listenings etc. If there is a real medical reason to be induced then of course its different to being induced for being overdue.

The Doctors can only advise you, what you choose to do with their advice is up to you.

As for the second part, sounds like lochia to me. Quite normal but something no one ever seems to mention before you get PG or have your baby. Its one of the great unheard of things that no one tells you about :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochia

I dont know about the induction but about the second bit. Is there any chance you could have an infection?

i don't know. i had a c-section, my wound isn't sore or infected looking, and i presume that's the only thing that could get infected?

Sherlock said:
As for the second part, sounds like lochia to me. Quite normal but something no one ever seems to mention before you get PG or have your baby. Its one of the great unheard of things that no one tells you about :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochia

You know its so funny but I was thinking about this before and was going to make a post in tri 3 about it but forgot :oops: hahaha
I was thinking about how women worry about the bleeding after you have a baby and I was going to post to tell them not to worry, its not proper blood etc etc! I remember before I had Joseph (my first) I thought I would bleed bright red blood for a few weeks and worried so much about it (thinking it would be hard to control and very heavy etc) but was suprised! After Lola I had red blood for 1 day and then the crappy brown and clear stuff (lol) and I wondered how many other women did that and could worry that there is something wrong? KWIM?

Sorry I went right off topic there Charlotte! :oops:

i didn't wear a pad last night (thought my bleeding had stopped, silly me!) and when i woke up there was a clot in my knickers! it was small, but is that normal?!

You should let them know about anything bigger than a 50p. :hug:

My lochia stank!

Kim x x x

oh god, no, it was loads smaller than that.
post-pregnancy is worse than being blood pregnant. i'm all flabby and smelly & constipated!

charlotte_ said:
oh god, no, it was loads smaller than that.
post-pregnancy is worse than being blood pregnant. i'm all flabby and smelly & constipated!

So am I.................. :rotfl:

Kim x x x x

I watched a programme about a woman who wanted a home birth and went 10 days overdue and refused induction. She ended up going into labour by herself after about 12 days and the baby was fine but she had to go into hospital to be checked every day on a CTG monitor. I think if I'd known what I know now about gestational diabetes, I'd have tried to hold off on being induced till 40 weeks. If I have more kids, even if I end up with gestational diabetes I'll resist treatment etc.

The smell thing - my sister and I were talking about it yesterday. There is a very particular smell about that area that kind of reminds me of being in labour and giving birth etc. It's not necesarily a bad smell just really specific. Thats how I knew I'd finished my post birth bleeding and started a period - cos of the smell. Odd! :think:

im feeling exactly the same as you charlotte flabby, smelly, and totally unsexy :oops: :oops:

That blood has been there for 9 months, it will stink a little babe, dont worry though, if you wana talk to your hv about and just keep your fanjita clean it should help :hug:

charlotte_ said:
i didn't wear a pad last night (thought my bleeding had stopped, silly me!) and when i woke up there was a clot in my knickers! it was small, but is that normal?!

I did that so many times! :roll: lol!

Mel&Bean said:
That blood has been there for 9 months, it will stink a little babe, dont worry though, if you wana talk to your hv about and just keep your fanjita clean it should help :hug:
yeah, i'm showering twice a day most days, don't know what i'd smell like if i didn't!

it's shit isn't it emmie? i keep telling myself it's worth it (which it obviously is!) but i just want to feel like myself again.

It will get better honest, i bled for about 8 weeks after Hope and i felt so minging but you do get back to normal in the end :hug:

another thing to add to the great feeling list is weeing, my pelvic floor is shot to pieces now i used to be able to stop my pee in mid flow, NOT NOW!!!! i try to do the exercizes but its easier said than done trying to remember :(

my mum had a prolapse, so i just keep thinking of all the pain she was in after that operation & i remember to do them!

try a female intimate wash, I got one from asda and it is fantastic, i wash morning and night with it, No fragrance and nice and gentle on your bits

They do give you a hard time if u refuse induction. They make you feel like crap and scare you. They wanted to induce me at 40 + 12 but i managed to get to 40 + 13 lol. But whilst I was in hospital i went into early labour so they didnt, they just broke my waters when i was 2cm. She was born exactly 42 weeks but I know of someone who got to 43 weeks, she had to go in every 3 days after she was 40 weeks 2 be monitored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back