Refuses to eat now

Loveleen

Reaction score
Hi Momies,

Hope you all are well..I need some advice on feeding Aryan..he is driving me crazy these days with his weaning routine..I started feeding him banana and pears since he was 5 months..he was always reluctant but I did try giving some of these purees by engaging him and making him laugh..He is now close to 7 months and has suddenly stopped having these purees..As soon as he sees a spoon in my hand he completely seals his mouth and even stops laughing..I am now struggling as pears helped him resolve his constipation..I have tried so many other foods like carrots, cereals but he refuses to eat anything..but gets hungry for milk every 2 hours now..

please help and advice what should I do..

Thanks
Loveleen

Maybe try giving him finger foods to hold himself? Have you tried giving him water to help his constipation? X

Sorry that you're having problems, most important thing is not to let it stress you out at the moment as he will pick up on this anxiety and associate that with food, and food should be fun at first. Maybe try letting him eat bits from your plate for fun? Is he teething? Maybe that is aggrevating him too?

Hope you get some better advice than I can offer xxx

yes I def reckon try and let him feed himself a little and play with it? Maybe he is getting a bit older and wanting to do it his way? what about giving him the spoon pre loaded? Can't help much from my own expereicen as we BLW so only spoon feeding we do is when I give the spoon to Owen preloaded. Maybe give that a go? Must be worrying hon though, Owen has been off his food last few days cos he ahs a virus and you can't help but worry!

Oz grabs the spoon when he has cereal and it ends up in his eyes, hair, up his nose, by the time it gets to his mouth it's empty :rofl: I love it though and he looks so pleased with himself hehe

Thank you all for ur advice..I will try giving him some from our plate as he looks at our plate every time we eat..I will also try some finger foods..I did try giving him some water but he never takes it..but Pears were very helpful..maybe I will try keeping a plate in front of him and see if he eats on his own..thanks for advice and support..I was really stressing..

lol - yes our food ends up EVERYWHERE too!! but it's going down the right way more and more. I dont use the spoon too oftne just give himn what we eat.

Hope you get a little progress loveleen. maybe try him on finger foods like banana, avocado, ripe melon, toast, chunks of cheddar? keep us updated...

:hugs:

Loveleen, not much advice, but maybe encouragement?
My LO was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!! complete hell when it came to eating. Tried at 4 mths/5mths, hed eat cereal, but literally that was it, wouldnt take fruit, nothhing. At about 7 mths he started to take some purees, hes now 9 and a half mths... and a pig!! lol
I know this doesnt help, but it could just be his way of saying, Im not ready, try me in a week?
But yeah, maybe stick him in a high chair with very small bits to play with sometimes just for him to get the idea? x

Thanks All...I am glad its just not Aryan..i will keep trying..Also, how shud I try making him eat his food on his own..he cannot lift the spoon still..shud i just keep the bowl in front of him and see if he starts..?

When it cones to little finger food bits, I just stick him in front of it, and he goes crazy.
In term of spoon feeding, i don't let my little one. He's hard core teething, and anythin u Hand him, straight in the mouth. I tried giving him the spoon before, he ignres the food part and just rammed it in his mouth to chew on, very hard, so I'm leaving it til his next 2 appear xx

I just put it on his tray in front of him, or put it in his hand (everything he holds goes in his mouth, doesn't matter if it's food, lol!) x

Thanks Zazu and Leanne. I will give a try today and see how he does..

How did it go today hun?

We tend to hand the spoon to Owen so it's facing his mouth and easy with one movement for it to go in, if that makes sense?! Sometimes he just waves it but more often than not how he's a little older he wants to see what's on it. We didn't use the spoon v much to start with though and just gave him stuff to explore.

Oh god minchin I'm jealous! Lo... Nope. Literally just rams it in to gnaw on, and rams it in far so starts gagging. Amazing x

Hi All..not much success yesterday..I handed the spoon to Aryan and he threw all pears on himself..:) I tried by my hand and he took 2 times..kept a bowl in front of him and he smashed it to the floor thinking it was a ball..:( Sometimes I feel I am just pressurising him but then I think if I dont do it then he will not start eating at all..what do u all advice..I will try the sideways spoon thing today Minchin..see if he likes holding the spoon again

I would just keep trying, I'm sure he will get it soon. Have you given him big chunks of food he can hold, like melon or toast? X

Lmao at myself, what is Melba?!?
He'll get it hun. Trust me, I was stressing mine would never eat. Maybe hes not liking the texture of actual food? Could try really runny baby cereals as would b more similar to milk? If he did like that then keep thickening it up a bit til it's more like mush? X

Hi Momies, had lil success yesterday..:) made his cereal like milk and he had 4-5 spoons..:) Also I found that he ate it after I had warmed it..seems he likes warm food like his milk...Also I noticed one more thing..he eats when i feed him through my finger but does not like the spoon..strange..anybody else ever faced this.

Can't help with the spoon aversion, Oscar thinks the spoon is part of the food and tries to get as much as possible in his mouth to eat too lol Glad he seems to be doing a bit better, I think the key is just trying not to get too anxious, I know so much easier said than done but he'll get there in the end xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back