LO refusing to eat

xx emma xx

Reaction score
Louie has now started to refuse food when I am feeding him. He just shake his head and squeezes his mouth shut. He won't even taste what it is. I'm dreading every meal time as its so difficult to get him to eat anything. What do I do? I've tried giving him the spoon but he just waves it about and with finger food he doesn't eat much just throws it on the floor. Help x

Is he still taking milk? Long as he is that's fine as he will be getting all he needs from that. Have you tried BLW? It would make the food fun for him and put him in control.

if he is still having mil he'll be o. i wouldnt force him (my K doesnt work properly) as he will start to get negative connotations of meal time. make sure that you always offer him meals but dont mae him eat. ensure he has lots of fluids etc and he will eat when hes hungry. it happened with j and we did that and eventually he started eating. dunno why or anything......obvs if it starts to get ridiculous then worry but keep an eye on him and be patient

xx

yeah ^^^ wss. try not to stress as little one will pick up on it, dont react when food is thrown just pick it up and put it back on the table. try to eat when LO is eating and just offer loads of fun and interesting foods. good luck x

Thanks ladies. He had half of his breakfast this morning and half of his dinner last night so I just stopped trying to feed him when he started closing his mouth and shaking his head. Hope it's a phase xx

My lo shakes his head for the first ten mins of feeding before he will actually eat. When he throws on the floor i either ignore him and leave it on the floor, or pick it up and give it back to him (we have a clean plastic sheet under the highchair lol)
It can get stssful and i thought it was a fase but he has been like this since september! He deffo knows when i get stressed which makes it worse, and will happily eat for others.

Hopefully for you its just a phase, and try not to worry too much (easier said than done i know).. Its also good thats he is having milk, my lo doesnt even have milk anymore! Just keep offering different types of food too. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back