Red sore boob!

Binzy

Reaction score
Hi all, this morning when i got out the shower i noticed my left boob was a bit red but thought the shower was just too hot.
It's still red now and sore underneath (a similar thing happened when my milk came in) I'm putting hot flannels on my boob, is there anything else I can do? I don't want to wake up to a watermelon tomorrow morning!!

It could be the start of mastitis, if the hot flannels and massage don't work you might need antibiotics, I had it with my daughter, makes you feel fluey too. Make sure you keep breastfeeding too x

Well, I did feel fluey yesterday but felt much better today so thought i had shaken it off!
I have been putting on hot water bottles and flannels and using the pump and Ryan.
There are still some lumps under the skin though。I'll see what happens tomorrow and if it gets worse I'll go to open surgery on Friday.
It doesn't hurt at the moment so I'm hoping it will sort itself out.
What happened to you when you got it?

How is it today any better? I had antibotics last time, I couldn't get out of bed, felt like flu with a sore boob! I've had blocked ducts twice this time I used hot flannels and fed Kynon in different positions while massaging my boob which helped clear it.

I spoke to a Leche league consultant and she just said to use hot flannels and let Ryan feed there as much as possible.
it seems to be goIng down so fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back