Reconsidering marriage

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I love Ewan but I just don't know if I want to marry him. I can see us being together for the rest of our lives but I honestly can't imagine us being married! It sounds awful but it is true. We got engaged 6 months into our relationship, which some people said was fast but we moved in after 3 years, had Aimee after 4 years and I only just got my proper engagement ring 2 months ago. Maybe I just don't see us as being properly engaged as it took over 4 years to get a ring?

Does anyone else feel the same way with their OHs?

I got with my oh in April and he proposed on my birthday in October so yea, since then i think weve both realised it was an overexcited not very realistic plan but he was living with me by august i think so i reckon we just got caught up in the moment, things have changed alot since then and i dont consider myself engaged anymore :S

No help am i ! Just thought id share lol

JoAnne I know how you feel - I lived with Dave for 12 years before we got around to getting engaged :D with that said we got engaged in the March and married in the December - it took us a while :D

I wouldnt put any pressure on yourself - if you are happy with the way things are at the moment just enjoy them, its nice that you see yourself being with him for the rest of your life and thats all that matters really :hug:

Jane x

Oh honey, your still very young (says the girl younger then you lol) and a lot of people our age dont want to get married, not because they dont love their partners but because they dont feel the need to or have any desire to.

I've always wanted to get married but even i have days where i think we're happy as we are and it's a lot of money and hassle, but my family are religious and also us getting married would help mean if anything did happen ot me OH would get DD, plus i do wanna marry him.

I wouldnt worry about it yet, if you dont feel ready dont do it, there's no guarentee he'll understand your reasons but you've been together so long he should know you love him :)

:hug: I'm not engaged to Anthony yet but before I had Ivy we always said 2009 we would get married because we want Ivy to have married parents....but now....to me although its still something I want to do eventually its just not something I feel I "need" to do where as before it was. Its not that I love him any less its just that I think having a baby makes you kind of realize that if your still close and still love each other through that then getting married is just something that is nice to do its not a need. I think we will get engaged one day and we will get married but I also would like Ivy to play a big part in that...I would love her to be my flower girl and walk with me down the isle :D

I've been with my OH 9 years and we got engaged 5 years ago but only booked the wedding last summer.
There's no reason why you can't have a long engagement, you may change your mind about marriage in a few years, but if you don't as long as you're both happy carry on as you are. You don't have to get married to stay together :)

hi hun i only got married 18 months ago after being togeather 22 years and engaged for 19 of those so never say never lol

Hi hun we lived in sin for 21 years and never got engaged,but we got married in April in Vegas,just us 2 on our own,nobody interfering.We had a great time.(We don't like to rush things in our house).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back