Recipe Ideas

LaineyG

Reaction score
Hello!
Need some ideas from all you domestic goddesses out there!

I need to start making lunches for myself, I've given up smoking (don't congratulate me yet, it's only been since Saturday, and e.coli poisoning had a hell of a lot to do with it!!) and I know I'll gradually put on a bit of weight, as I did the last time I gave up. So, although I work in hospitals, they are the MOST unhealthy places to buy food! Pie, chips and beans is 80p....whereas salad, cold meat and a baked potato is £1.95!

So I'd really like some quick and easy ideas (not a fan of sandwiches) that I can do myself, at home, the night before, stick in the fridge and either eat cold or heat up in the microwave the next day.

Any suggestions welcome!!

I made a sort of hidden vegetable pasta bolognese for Becky that I've been eating for lunch too. It can be frozen and heated in the microwave too.

4 carrots, 1 red pepper, 1 onion chopped into tiny pieces (a blender is good for this as long as you don't do it for too long as it turns to mush)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 can of tomatoes (blended or chopped, whatever you prefer)
Tablespoon of tomato puree
Mince (any type is fine)
Chicken stock, about a pint (I used baby stock cubes and water as Becky was having it)
Herbs (basil, oregano, parsley are good), salt and pepper to taste (I left out salt because of Becky and I'm not a huge fan of it)

Fry the mince, carrots, pepper, onion and garlic until the mince is browned. Add the tomatos, puree and stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced. Cook your pasta or spaghetti and mix it together with the meaty sauce. Easy squeezy peasy :lol:

My OH can't eat wheat so no easy sandwiches for him!

I usually make him up a chilli/curry at the weekend and then portion up into containers and he takes that with those microwave rice things.

Alternatively:

Baked potatoes - you can cook them until almost done at home, then finish off for a couple of mins at work and then add your choice of fillings.
Pasta - any pasta and sauce that can then be heated up. Or a pasta salad with cold pasta, salad dressing, veggies etc.
Salads - with anything that you like and then with pitta/ryvita etc.

I also try to make extra when I cook teas and then we can take that cold the next day and heat it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back