Recipe ideas

mandspice

Reaction score
I'm going to a friend's for dinner at the weekend but have to make a dessert to take - I'll be travelling by train so need something easy to carry! Also no nuts as my friend has an allergy and obviously pregnancy friendly.

Any ideas much appreciated! xx

I'd go for some form of cheesecake, probably lemon as its refreshing and clean tasting. Simple to make and nut free (Digestives don't have nuts in them according to the ingredients :)

Also travels well as you can leave it in the tin till you get there and then remove it.

Sounds yum - but do cheesecakes have raw eggs in as a rule? Some recipes I've seen do but assume you can make egg free ones..? Or I suppose you can do a baked one...?

Some sort of fruit fool and then you could just put it together when you get there

Or a crumble of some sort - could stay in the dish for the journey

mandspice said:
Sounds yum - but do cheesecakes have raw eggs in as a rule? Some recipes I've seen do but assume you can make egg free ones..? Or I suppose you can do a baked one...?

Er no. I never make mine with eggs.

Have a look at this recipe Lemon cheesecake

Or this one

Or most of the cheesecake recipes in the search of that site are good, being mostly nut and egg free recipes :) They are easy to make and most people like them. Also being cold they require no messing at the other end. Look good also.

Oh yum, it's gonna have to be the banoffee cheesecake I think! Mmmmmmmm, thanks Sherlock x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back