Baby struggling to poo!

Oh wow this forum is fab-Fin is bf but i have seen the same issue- he does squirm and moan doing some of his explosive farts with follow-through! or just poos. Will give him some water and see if that helps him. Xxx

I haven't tried it myself yet but my HV suggested putting a tiny drop of honey in boiled water as its a natural sweetener. As I say not tried that one yet though.

Which formula is he on at the moment? If you are thinking of changing I can recommend Aptamil Comfort its an anti colic and constipation formula, its great. But then different things suit different babies xx

I thought honey was one of the thongs you were supposed to steer well clear of - due to bacteria I'm sure I read that in some of blw stuff. Sorry if I'm totally wrong there.

Now u come to mention it I've heard honey is a massive no no as well :eh:

Ooh really!? Maybe I won't be trying that one then :/ I'll be double checking it with my HV then. Thanks for letting me know girlies xx

Yeah I'd check with hv as honey is dangerous under the age of one as can give babies botchulism (sp?) Coz if you health v. Suggested it she needs correcting/reporting :eek:s

Stay away from honey until after she is 12 months old. Very very dangerous for babies.

Wow, I can't believe she even suggested it then!!! I shall defo be having words! I feel awful for even suggesting it now, I didn't realise :(
But then I suppose being recommended something by a professional you'd expect them to give you the correct information :( xx

Pos definitely change formula if LO keeps having trouble. We had a horrible time with caleb when he was a month old. We were in a hotel and he was screeching, then he did a pebble poo and had blood in his nappy! We were giving him water and cycligng his legs and everything but it wasn't helping that much so we switched him from sma to aptamil and he's been fine ever since! Xx

Kayden had the same issues & I moved him from SMA to Aptamil he's been fine since. He didn't do a poo for 2 days last week, he was absolutely fine wasn't grumpy but i was concerned so rather than give him the cooled boiled water in a bottle i just added it to his normal formula & he pooped within the hour, I know they say not to do that with formula but tbh i cant see the difference.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back