Rear facing car seat for newborns????

Foxxi

Reaction score
Why??? I dont get it...I thought car seats went in the back of the car facing the front...not facing the back.. That means I wont be able to check on baby... I know car seats can go in the front....but I would want it in the back..

Can anyone shed any light on this..plz :?

It's to do with safety - incase of an accident or a sudden stop as a newborn baby's neck and head muscles aren't developed enough to absorb the shock. Rear facing seats help with this and protect the head and neck.

You can buy a special mirror which mounts to the rear headrest so you can still see the baby. They're not expensive - £10 maybe?

ooohh now I see sunnyday..thanx for that!

X5OT I will have to invest in on of those..thx!

:wink:

And also you can't put the seat in the front if you have airbags :hug:

ou can if u turn off the air bag.. i dont have one in the front of mine.. so bubs can come in the front.. early days its hard to let the baby cry.. when they are a bit older u just have to block out crying while u drive.. nightmare.. but its gonna b done

I dont know why...but I dont feel confortable with putting car seat in the front.. think i'll just get a mirror thingy...or walk everywhere..maybe try to lose the weight afterwards!! :D

Oh thx for that...... I remember seeing something about this ages ago...and forgot all about it.. ohhh forget the car seat question...i'll walk my fat butt off instead!!! :D

lisa&alex said:
ou can if u turn off the air bag..

Very true, thankyou for making that clear :hug: I just forgot as my car doesn't have passenger airbag :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back