REALY REALLY IMPORTANT

soconfused

Reaction score
i am no longer with the father of our baby.
does anyone know if he can take her (as in leave my house with baby to go to his or something without me) inbetween feeds or if she has to stay with me? because im breast feeding? its just he says that he can take her as long as she is back for her next feed. does anyone know where i stand on this?

Have you spoken to anyone about your costodial rights over the baby? Maybe going to your local CAB will help clear things up totally and could help you out with court procedings if he pushes the line?

so the most he can have is 2hours a week with me? cuz i am kind of in the same situation as you kayl1986 if you remember?

im guessing unless i want him to have more but thats the minimum?

thanks that is really helpful.
i am dying in this heat its really really unbearable. i feel like im constantly sweating and its horrible. how are you coping any advice?

Hi there, i dont know if this will help or not but my sister and her now ex are going through this. They were together until baby was about 4 months old, he is a nasty piece of work and in the end she left him and took baby with her. She is now set up on her own and doing well, but at the time he was planning on trying to get the baby off her. Didnt work though as he went to his solicitor and was told blankly, theres no way he can do anything, and even if he could baby couldnt go anywhere with him till she was 18 months old, unless of course baby was being harmed, which she isnt.
Now he only allowed 2 hrs a week supervised, but he still trys to see more of her.

I hope this helps in some way

Hi so confussed. Im sorry to hear about whats been happening. Your ex is lying to you. Looks like he has found how little rights he has and is trying to pull a fast one. it is true his visiting is very restricted at first and by no means is allowed to take the baby from you for any amount of time unless you give him permission. Dont worry about about him trying to take the baby away either, it is very rare that courts decide in favour of the father in these cases unless you pose a hreat to your childs wellfare (ie. your an intravenous drug user) If your ex becomes threatening you or the baby you can put restraining orders on him to prevent him coming near you of the baby.
So try not to worry.

Take care.

thank you for the reasurance guys i feel a lot better now i know what other dads gets even if they are in different situations.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back