Really want to enjoy being pregnant

positivity :)

Reaction score
hi girls,

just a little moan from me really, thought i'd brighten up ur thursday - not!

i just feel really frustrated at the moment coz i feel like until we have the results of the amnio test i can't enjoy being pregnant, in fact since my bfp i've felt too scared to actually relax and enjoy and accept it.

to begin with i bled, then i had glandular fever, then back in hospital again with pain in my side. then i get the call about dodgy blood results that have led to the amnio.

i feel like i've spent three months worrying and not being able to accept im having a baby, i feel like i can't accept he's there and going to be born until after the test results, i think i'm shielding myself incase things go wrong for us.

As people at work know now, its quite constant coz its a big building so on a daily basis i bump into people who have found out and congratulate me, i want to be really happy but i just can't.

Don't get me wrong i'm not sad or depressed its just horrible not being able to enjoy it :(

it became more apparent last nigth when i said to myself, aw, i love my little boy already..and then i told myself off for thinking like that :cry:

Please let the next month go quickly so i can find out he's ok xxxxx

Last edited:
Oh hun, I haven't really got any advice I'm afraid but we are all here for you :hugs:

xxxx

Oh hun u have def had a rough ride of it so far. It's not far u have to wait for further test results. Its a weird thing being pregnant it's a real journey for us all, some have it smoother and others not so. Chin up and keep telling your LO that u love them no matter what xxx

he will be fine chick don't worry you will see him soon! xxx

:hugs::hugs:

I know where you're coming from. Your stopping yourself from getting too excited as a protective thing.

When do you have the next test?

Try and remind yourself that no news is good news, if you get bad news you'll worry about it at the time anyway, so whats the point in worrying now?

:)

Sending you massive :hugs: sweetie, we are all here if you need us x x

You have had a rough ride so far so not surprising you feel the way you do, all of us would be the same in your shoes. Hopefully you can relax after the amnio and start enjoying your pregnancy more x

Hun no matter wot the results come back as im sure it wont make you love him anymore or less. I would say try and enjoy it as best you can and if you do get unwanted news it will make you want to cherish your pregnancy even more.xxx

thanks everyone :hugs:

the amnio is next Wednesday so we should get the main results by next friday (down syndrome, edwards syndrome and one other) we have been told its not likely to be any of those its other results for rarer chromosome abnormalities we will have to wait a further 10 working days for.

so by 20 July we should have them all. xxx

Just wanted to send you a big :hug:

xxxx

Am keeping everything crossed for you Pos - am sure it'll all be fine xx

:hug: it must be difficult for you.. try not to get too stressed out or down about it.. You arent wrong for thinking how much u love ur LO, coz clearly you do :) try and relax even though its hard..
:hug:

Hi sweetie :hugs:

Being pregnant is such a worrying time anyway, you must be really feeling it. Things seem to be moving quite quickly tests wise, so hopefully the next couple of weeks will go quick for you & you and your OH will know soon enough Hopefully by 20 July you will be able to sit back, relax and enjoy the second half of your pregnancy a lot more xx

yeah thanks everyone. jen, i sooooooooo hope we get good results, i'll be able to finally start looking at baby stuff etc! cant' wait xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back