Really thirsty all the time..

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im quite new to this section. Does anyone else get really thirsty? I know that it can be caused by gestational diabetes so hopefully it isnt that. I had my 28 week bloods done today (3 days early i know but they werent open monday) so im sure if there is a problem it will show up.

Just wondering if anyone else had constant thirst and was fine?

Claire x

i didnt, but over the past week i have been constantly thirsty, i never drunk alot before i was pregnant anyway but, like right now, my mouth is so dry i am really thirsty and have a banging headache which i think is because i feel dehydrated!!

i have also noticed that i am going to the toilet SOOO much more than usual which is a pain when im at work as i have to walk up 2 flights of stairs :(

Yup ive been thirsty for weeks lol, i had a GTT done at 28weeks and was all clear so i think its due to the hot /humid weather and my body just being abit dehydrated. :hug:

I am also really thirsty the whole time - i have craving for really cold water with crushed ice cubes in it - i am drinking at least 4 litres a day and am constantly needing to wee lol.
I think its normal - i am 37 weeks preg today and have had my bloods tested at 28 weeks and everything was fine, so think its just one of those pregnancy things.
xxxx

katrina1985 said:
I am also really thirsty the whole time - i have craving for really cold water with crushed ice cubes in it -

I know what you mean.. it has to be ice cold!! Just downed another glass since posting this! Cant get enough of it!

yeh real cold and chilled in the fridge for hours before - i get really annoyed when my boyfriend helps himself to my ice cold water and doesnt re-fill the jug so i go in the fridge and there is none left or there is a tiny tiny bit! Arghhhh :shakehead: :) :)

yes, i got thirsty ALL the time around about 20-30 weeks and my first bloods came back positive so i had to have a load more, but they came back fine....so no gestational diabetes, i pretty much take a huge water bottle with me everywhere i go.

Try drinking warm water......its absorbs into your body a lot better and faster compared to cold or ice water that may quench your thirst for a short time, but just makes you pee more as it goes straight through you.
:)

nori said:
I know that it can be caused by gestational diabetes so hopefully it isnt that. I had my 28 week bloods done today (3 days early i know but they werent open monday) so im sure if there is a problem it will show up.

Just wondering if anyone else had constant thirst and was fine?

Claire x

I *think* diabetes is tested for in your urine samples not your blood. The blood test checks for antibodies and iron. I reckon if you had sugar in your wee, your MW would have said right away.

NickyB said:
nori said:
I *think* diabetes is tested for in your urine samples not your blood. The blood test checks for antibodies and iron. I reckon if you had sugar in your wee, your MW would have said right away.

Oh is it? Well im back with the MW next tuesday so will mention it!! Thanks everyone!

Claire x

I am so much thirstier now than before pregnancy. I think the weather isn't helping at the mo and you have to remember you are drinking for two :lol:

Yep, agree with Nicky, they test for glucose in your urine, so if your samples are coming up NAD then things should be ok :)

Mildly said:
I am so much thirstier now than before pregnancy. I think the weather isn't helping at the mo and you have to remember you are drinking for two :lol:

Yep, agree with Nicky, they test for glucose in your urine, so if your samples are coming up NAD then things should be ok :)

I had a bit of protein in my urine last time but no glucose so thats good! My potassium levels were pretty low so that may even have something to do with it. Who knows.. as long as baby is ok.

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back