Really sore throat!! Help!!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Lovebird, May 29, 2013.

1. Lovebird

Lovebird Active Member

Hi everyone I'm 5 weeks and I've had such a sore throat for 2 weeks, the doctor has looked at it twice and it's not infected. I just wondered if anyone has natural remedies as I don't want to take paracetamol if I can really help it!! Thanks guys x

2. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

A splash of hot water, with honey and lemon juice, it'll relieve the pain, but other than that just ride it out. I had such a terrible cold when I first got pregnant and this was all I could do.

3. Lovebird

Lovebird Active Member

Thank you!! It's so strange I never have sore throats but this is hanging on!! I'm
    Guessing its all related! X

4. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

Your immune system is working so hard at ensuring your baby is safe and growing well; that you're kinda put on a back burner now, I've had more cold symptoms since getting pregnant than ever before. :)

5. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

Are getting much acid reflux?
    It could burn your throat a bit x

6. Holly1991

Holly1991 Well-Known Member

Hot salt water... Gargle it atleast 3 times a day (make sure you don't swallow) It clears up bugs/infections etc as its an antibacterial. It also numbs the pain for a little while! I had tonsilitus last week could hardly swallow but didn't want antibiotics. It cleared it up good :):)

& yeah also hot water with a teaspoon of honey and half a lemon juiced will work wonders too!
    Hope you feel better soon! :)

Oh and drink plenty of fluids to help clear it up :)

X

7. clareybell

clareybell Well-Known Member

I had this exact same thing, and kept freaking myself out imagining that every time I coughed I hurt the baby! Mine is still hanging on and I've had it since week 3, but it's now less sore and more just congested - what helped me was hot drinks and also steaming your head over hot water with a few drops of olbas oil xx

#7 clareybell, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  8. Lovebird

Lovebird Active Member

Thanks everyone this is great advice!! X

9. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we cant take medicines. Just have to ride it out my lovely. Im suffering now. Its horrible xxx

10. Nessa

Nessa Well-Known Member

I've got a horrible cold. It's so frustrating not being able to take anything. I ransacked the medicine cupboard last night on the off chance there was something I could take. So now I'm just making everywhere smell of Olbis oil.

Hope your sore throat clears up soon. X