Really silly question

Binzy

Reaction score
Ummm I feel really thick asking this but today is my hubby's birthday and we're going out for a meal with some friends. I want to wear a nice dress I have but it requires magic knickers! Do you think I would be doing myself/the baby any harm by wearing them?
I don't want to be worrying about that on top of worrying if people are going to start asking me if I'm pregnant as I won't be drinking or smoking. I'm going to have to be secretive enough as it is tonight!

Last edited:
I would not wear them either - not really cos it will harm the baby but becuause you will feel sooooo uncomfortable, you wont enjoy the night at all! Why not get yourself a paif of support tights which can smooth out and tighten up but not actually pull in??

Oh and regarding the not drinking, go to bar and get coke in small glass with ice and lemon - nobody will know its not got a vodka in it. If you are normally a wine drinker, just say you're on a health kick after putting on a few pounds after Xmas (hence the tummy looking ahem bigger) and you are sticking to spirits with diet mixer..... make sure your DH goes to the bar for you! After the rest are well on their way to drunkeness they will not even know....lol - Have a great night!!

Thanks ladies, I have some leggings that pull everything in, maybe I'll wear those instead of tights. It's going to be tough to start with as I usually drink wine but I'll think I'll just get fizzy water and hopefully evryone will be too drunk to notice!

Would cranberry juice & soda water act as a spin off for Rose wine?? Just a thought :lol:

xxx

That's a good idea but weirdly they don't have cranberry juice here in Italy!

Ah ok, didn't know that though but :yay: I have learnt something new today :)

Mmmmm......I'll get my thinking cap on

xxx

Thanks Kezzamunster, want oh to enjoy himself tonight but don't want him to get too drunk and let anything slip!

Last edited:
I tried to copy & paste the list of mocktails but NY Tapatalk had a brain fart

xxx

Aww thanks Kezzamunster, they actually look very tasty apart from the name. I don't think Arnold sounds very exoctic, do you :)

But he wasn't bad looking for his day! Did you check out his photo?

Binzy, do say you are trying to shed couple of pounds after Xmas, this is my excuse. New Year resolutions and all that. Actually my husband and I go dry every Jan anyway so it is very easy to explain.

I think the magic knickers will be fine, isn't that what Amanda Holden was wearing for like 6 months? X

I will say I'm on a diet too as I seem to permanently be on one! As for Amanda Holden I can't stand her, shame there's nothing magic they can do to her mouth!

binzy, are you driving??? if so isnt that an excuse enough not to be dirinking?!?!
lemonade and grenadine would give a rose colour and be no-alcoholic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back