really scary poo day UPDATED

sparky

Reaction score
got in from work to find a message from my midwife, my blood sugar levels are higher than they should be and i have to go for a Glocouse tolerance test to ensure i've not got gestational diabetes :(

I was going to phone her as i had a little brown blood this afternoon, she sent me off to hospital and after a scary wait bubs seems fine and cervix is tightly closed..

just about to have somehting to eat before i have to starve myself for this test.

Has anyone else had high blood sugar or GD?

Has the GTT test results back...all is GOOD!!!

Yippeee I can eat chocolate again, wasnt even allowed an easter egg!
:dance:

Not so far but I have to have the glucose test at week 28 because both my Mum & Nan are now diabetic, (type 2). Be ready to be at the hosiptal for 3 hours or more!! Also, my mum had gestational diabetes in all 3 of her pregnancies though with no ill effects for any of us - and that was, ahem, a WHILE ago! I think the main problem is the extra sugar laying down as fat stores on the baby which will get too big. I'm not sure though if that creates any other problems other than the obvious. (Ouch). (Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone).

I've got to have a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks. I've been given glucose powder to make into a drink which I have to drink at 7.40am on the day of the test (nothing else to eat or drink obviously!) then got blood test at 9.40am so hopefully will only be at the hospital for 20 mins max! (yeah right!!)

had the tests yesterday fingers crossed for the results :pray:

I have been told by midwife I will have to have the test because all my siblings have type 1 diabetes which makes me high risk of getting gestational diabetes can't remember when she said I'd have to have it but not for awhile yet. Having been brought up with diabetes I am not too concerened about gestational diabetes as generally its control with just diet and the injections etc arn't needed it does worry me that it may trigger long term diabetes in me because of my genetic background but will cross that bridge if we come to it.

I hope your tests come back clear but if they don't its not as scary as it first seems and you and baby should still be fine :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back