Possible gestational diabetes!

Dinky

Reaction score
I had blood tests yesterday because of my high BMI. I had the glucose tolerance test and a blood count. The MW phoned today to say that after the second glucose test my sugar levels were quite high so she is referring me to the hospital antenatal clinic for more tests! I'm not worried as I know people who have had a second test and it's come back fine. I did eat a lot of chocolate the day before! haha!!!
I have an appt on Friday afternoon at the hospital. Fingers crossed all is clear!!!x

Fingers crossed, let us know how you get on. This is something I'm worried about because of a higher than normal BMI

Well I had my appt yesterday at the hospital and definitely have gestational diabetes. I'm not too down about it as can hopefully control it by diet. They have given me a testing kit and I am to test 4 times a day for the next week and on Friday I am meeting a dietician (keeping a food diary for her), having a scan (yay! It's to check baby's growth/weight because diabetics generally have larger babies!) and the diabetics team.
I feel fine about it and kinda blame myself for being overweight and eating far too much crap!! Strict diet for me now which I hope to carry on once she has arrived to help with weight loss.
Also, was told that they rarely let diabetics go full term!! They usually induce at about 39 weeks depending on how things are going.
Lots of info to take in but so long as bubba is fine, I would cut out anything, a ill bit of chocolate loss isn't going to get me down!!

Sorry for the essay!!!
Amy xxx

Sorry to hear your news, but glad you're still feeling upbeat about the whole situation!
& You get to see LO again! - Lucky you :D xx

Fx foe your next test. I'm to get my results on Tuesday hoping for an all clear for me too.

I had GD and was insulin dependant. It's not too bad you just have to watch what you ear! It's tough getting your head around it all! I was induced at 38+3 with a supposedly 10lber but he was a diddy 7lb4oz lol

Any questions hun im here xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back