Really peed off with work

DW1978

Reaction score
I am on a company health scheme which entitles us to free Dr's appointments (they cost around £40 each) and cheaper prescriptions (actually I'm not sure if this is a perk or if everyone on the island gets this?!!) which are £3.10 per item. Up until the last year or so, we were always allowed to add on children and spouses so JJ and Lennon are both on mine. Last year they took the decision to lower us from Silver cover to Islander which is the most basic of all and not allow any new staff to add anyone onto their scheme as the costs were just going up and up all the time. Fine. So I double checked with my MD this morning to see if I could add Jax on and as expected, he said no. Then I thought what about adding him on myself and paying for Jax myself. So, I phoned the local broker that organises our health insurance and he said that was fine and would be £14 per month which is well worth it seeing as we've already racked up a bill of about £250 this year already, went to my boss thinking he would say its fine and he said no!! I've been here for 17 flippin years and THE ONLY benefit we get is our health insurance. We have no maternity pay, no pension scheme, nothing else at all. I know work don't want to fork out and it wouldn't be fair for them to do it for me and not anyone else but they wont even let me organise it all and pay for it myself. Idiots.

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back