Diarrhea

DW1978

Reaction score
Jax has had really mega explosive poos for a few days now. I think he has a tummy bug - I felt really sick on Monday and Lennon was sick on Tuesday night. He seems absolutely fine in himself and is still drinking his bottles normally. But, he is having loads of poos each day (yesterday it seemed to crescendo at about 6 poos) and EVERY time, it comes out of his nappy through his vest and sleepsuit so I am washing clothes like nobodys business. Yesterday, he was sat on my lap and I felt him fart/push a poo, it shot out, up his back and was through his vest and sleepsuit before I could blink!

Should I take him to the Dr as he is fine in himself or will his body just fight it? Is there anything they can do for a bug? Obviously with still only having milk I can't stop him having dairy!

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

Could u put him on soy formula to stop dairy if need be? It's difficult with diarrhoea cos you need to know that he's hydrated. If he's taking his bottle ok then maybe it's only short-term and not too serious? X

Could u put him on soy formula to stop dairy if need be? It's difficult with diarrhoea cos you need to know that he's hydrated. If he's taking his bottle ok then maybe it's only short-term and not too serious? X

Not sure, can I just buy this myself or do you need to get it prescribed?

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

Oh poor Jax! Jack and I have had this tummy bug - its definitely going round at the moment. I would not take him anywhere if possible as its quite likely to spread. I phoned NHS direct when Jack had it, he to had very explosive diarrhea ( it was like water and smelt awful). They told me its important that they are not getting dehydrated so make sure he is still having his normal milk. He should still be having wet nappies otherwise this may be a sign that hes getting dehydrated..

The diarrhea lasted about a week in Jack, i was told thats not unusual. Do phone your doc if it continues for too long...hope he gets better soon xx

B had a mega explosive nappy today. Went everywhere. Having more than one of them must be a nightmare, poor you and lo! Hope he feels better soon.xx

Thanks guys. I thought it was calming down a bit yesterday as we only had 2 pooey nappies (both of which leaked) but he's woken again this morning and done another one which had leaked everywhere again so I need to wash his bedding again. There was so much poo, it had covered every single bit of his nappy, front and back and sides and also come out! It's ridiculous how much poo can come out of something so small!

Grace had a tummy bug the other week, after 7 days I took her to the drs and they said that in babies it should normally last 7 days but as long as they get plenty of water and feeding ok they should be fine
But if your worried then take him to be sure x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back