Really need your advice....

Mazdamay

Reaction score
I'm obviously over the moon to be pregnant, but my partner seems to be quite depressed about it.

We've only been together since November last year. We're both getting divorced and didn't plan any of this, but we met and everything has moved so fast. He's moved in, met my kids, we have his kids round every other weekend and we really love each other, but me being pregnant seems to be putting so much strain on him.

He doesn't want to tell his ex wife and kids because he thinks she may stop them from seeing him. I totally understand that and will happily wait for him to do it in his own time.

But, he says that's he doesn't feel like its right (me being pregnant). He says he has a really bad feeling about it and it will tear us apart.

I'm having ALL day morning sickness at the moment which is taking its toll and I have 4 of my own kids to look after. He's just not coping very well. I never ask him to do anything for me or my kids.

I just don't know what to do for the best. If he keeps thinking so etching bad is going to happen then it will. He'll make it happen.

Sorry for the really long post and I know this is not a relationship forum, but I really feel my baby may suffer through all this.

Just wanted to know what your thoughts are on the matter.

Thanks xxx

Don't have much advice but didn't want to read and run.

Have you spoken to him about it? What does he see as a solution?

Hope someone comes along with some good advice. Try not to stress xx

He says that it's going to break us up. He can't see any good coming of it.

It sounds to me like he's scared. Don't let this cause you undue stress. Your pregnancy is a miracle, and if he can't see that then he's a fool. What does he expect you to do?

He seems to think that either way we will end up apart, so thinking I may just have to end it now. The relationship, not the pregnancy.

I really hope that whatever you choose to do, it's right for you.

Personally, I think you should stay strong for your new baby and your family, if your partner can't cope with the stress of having a baby together this soon, then perhaps he's not the man for you? (That said, I can't make that decision for you).

I hope that it all works out for the best for you x

Thanks, I'm thinking maybe he's not. He's under a lot of stress anyway and had to deal with a lot more than any of us in his life. I know he can't deal with this and I need to put my family first.

Thanks for all your messages x

I think you're right to put you and the baby first. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back