Your OH

Olive

Reaction score
Ok, how long did it take for your pregnancy to sink in with your OH and how did he react?

Mine's been a bit all over the place. First of all, he didn't believe it. Then he was excited and wanted to phone his parents. Then he said he wanted to wait until scan.

We're going to BIL and SIL's tonight and they know we're ttc, so as it's a boozy night planned, it will be obvious. So instead of them guessing, I suggested we just tell them.

He seems really nervous about it. He just reminded me that we're only 5 weeks gone and not to get too excited yet.

I know he's only worried about something happening (a few friends have had losses, one recently at 22 weeks), but he's making me feel more anxious! I don't know what to do really to make him feel less worried.

xxx

it was the other way around with us two......

he will just be worried as you say....bless him....dont think you can say much to help that other than reassure him xx

Thanks hun. I tried that and he said that he didn't know what I want him to say and he is trying to make sure a lid is on it! (we're telling bil and sil tonight).

xxx

My DH is so laid back that at times I have to give him a dig in the ribs to see if he's awake :D

Actually I'm glad he's not too fussy at the mo because I am nervous enough for the two of us.

I suppose so. Good point :)

Will see how tonight goes. I'm feeling really uptight, grumpy and in need of a cry - annoying as I'm so happy I'm pregnant. I've wanted this for so long. Just need to chill me thinks! Xx

its your hormones chick........they are going crazy xx

Deffo your hormones hun! If you need a good cry, go for it! You'll feel better after.

Unless you can get away with anti-biotics or you feeling under the weather so you'll drive, then why not tell them - it might be nice to share the news and if they can keep schtum then no harm done! My hubby was the same at the beginning, I told my Mum the day I found out but he was going to wait until our scan to tell his Mum - a couple of weeks later he gave in and told her :) It might just take a week or two to properly sink in x

My DH is so laid back. We had an early scan and I think it sunk in for him a bit then. Hes concerned if I over exert myself but I don think it will really sink in for him until I start to show

Thanks girls. Feeling much better now. Still haven't told them but will do at some point tonight!

Thanks again. Xx

We've known about being pregnant for 4 days and I'm sure my OH is in denial still, though even I was after three BFP's!! Think I will be waiting to at least a scan for it to sink in fully for both of us!! xx

it only sunk in with my husband when he can to my 3rd scan at 8 weeks! until then, i felt like there was only me who knew!!
Now i cant even get up to go to the loo without him jumping up to see if i need anything!! he is driving me bonkers!!!!
bless!!
The parents at my dance school have been great, especially while we have shows this weekend... they have done all the lifting and running around (maternity bras not good to run in i found out!!)...
all in all i am being well looked after!! i snook off to the supermarket the other day without telling anyone, just so i could do something for myself!!! (how sad is that!!)
xxx

its a hard one we told our parents but now its sunk in abit I wish I hadnt as its still such early days

be thankful olive, my OH is telling anyone who will listen :roll: i'm actually keeping him away from my friends so that he doesn't say anything :wall2: today he is meeting up with one of my friends OH to go to the gym and ive made him promise not to say anything, he's driving me nuts!! xx

Lol ah Pos. Hope he doesn't say anything. At least it shows he's excited.

I asked OH last night if he was happy and he said very, so that was a relief after him being quiet!

xxx

ah bless him, when i went to hospital the other week and had a scare i said to my OH that i'm scared of upsetting him and he said to me, throughout all this, at the moment i just care about you and worry about you. your OH is probably the same, deep down they worry but their way of showing that is.....not showing it!! xxx

Ah I'm glad you're here :) It's so quiet in this section. We def need more chat!

xxx

Well it's been a bit weird actually found out I was preg in April 10 we were ecstatic and was a shock but sadly had a mc. I went on holiday with my mum aug 10 , felt odd did a blue foreign test 2 days early was a positive but af arrived. Other half and me were gutted ;( so when I tested Oct 10 ( he didn't know u see something clicked when he said to me I was being soo moody) I got a bfp I was excited and scares! Left the test on side for him but he didn't get excited - he was happy but not like before cause we had too much heart ache!! But in 31 + 1 today and actually feeling baby And seeing scans etc has def made us feel more confident and excited but I dont think it will hit us both properly Till baby is in our arms but I know he will be a fab dad ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back