Really confused

maybebaby

Reaction score
Does anyone know why I have started spotting?

I'm on CD15 and have fairly irregular cycles.. The last one was 33 days but before that I had a 26 day one, and before that 31 days.

I think the earliest I would have ovulated if I'm on a 26 day one was 2 days ago, but I don't think I have yet (not using OPKs at the mo as I ran out).

I'm really confused by this, it's only very light but at such a random time!

some people get ovulating spotting - so you could be ovulating?
I have certainly had that before. lasts only one day.

Ooh not heard of that before. Thanks that's made me feel better!

Ovulation Spotting is defined as a very light bleeding that may accompany ovulation

The source of "ovulation spotting" is traced to the rupture of the ovarian follicle when the egg is released. When you ovulate, luteinizing hormone causes the surface of the ovarian follicle to weaken and disintegrate. This leads to the formation of a hole, or stigma, through which the egg will ultimately "escape" into one of the fallopian tubes. At this "midcycle moment", a residual trace of blood may accompany ovulation when the stigma ruptures.

thats from the internet :D

oh and.....

Spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle or spotting that occurs some ten to fourteen days prior to the start of the next cycle is normal too. This spotting may occur during ovulation. Seeing a spot of blood during ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign. It is thought that mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. First reason is possibly that when the egg bursts through the follicle, a little bleeding may occur. This blood will then make its way out and show up as “spotting”. Or, during ovulation, the level of estrogens rise, and this sometimes prompts the uterus to shed a bit of lining, which shows up in the form of “spotting.”

You're a star, thank you!

I was getting all worried & it actually sounds quite positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back