Cyle all gone wrong...

vixxy86

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Looking for some advice! Hoping someone can shed some light for me.

My usual cycle is 33 days long. Last month was 39. So doctor suggested some blood tests. I have to have them a week before I was due on and she suggested around cycle day 26, I couldnt get in until cycle day 29. The tests came back.....I had NOT ovulated!! Miffed we booked in another blood test (cycle day 39 this was, still not got results).

So by cycle day 29, I hadn't ovulated. Earliest I was due on was cycle day 44 onwards depending when I ovulated. Cycle day 39, I come on!! My 2ww was well and truly cut short. But it's wierd.....I usually come on light for few hours them....BOOM! Heavy flow for 3-4 days. But its light. Nothing really coming out on pad (TMI-sorry). But there when I wipe or go toilet (sorry- TMI). It changes from browny to bright red. I'm very confused and quite worried. Why did I come on 10 at the most after ovulation!!?!!

Anyone any ideas xx

Really not sure what's going on for you hon - but a couple of suggestions - are you taking agnus cactus as lots of girls have had luck in regulating their cycle that way... Also, do you use opks or anythying to check ov? If you do, that might be useful in telling you when to have blood test as it may be that you had it at totally the wrong time this month. You need to have the ov blood tests 7 days aftre ov... Also, it si possible you didn't ov this cycle, but try not to panic - apprently it's common not to ov every single cycle - if you're not already I'd start using opks and book your blood test next cycle as soon as you get a +ive opk... Hope this helps a bit xx ps and one more thing - if you are charting your temperatures, this can help confirm that ovulation has taken place, so might be re-assuring for you - try fertility friend or TCOYF to do online charts - good luck :)xx

HI Ceebee

No i'm not doing any of the above as my doctor encouraged me to 'stop trying' if you get my drift. I got a positive OPK and then a blood test 5 days later said I hadn't ovulated "/ I have got a thermometer now so may start doing temps.....Can you have a period if you haven't ovulated? although I bled for 48 hours, well like browny/pinkish/slightly red discharge and i'm normally heavy flow for 5 days. The doctor is ringing me at 11:30am to discuss results of latest blood test so FX xxx
Thank you for your advice :)

I am no expert (at all!!!!) But i had 2 consecutive cycles when i had light spotting brownish and brighter after, approx. 1 week before my af were due. I am not sure why but maybe if we don't ovulate properly, the af are affected?
Has your gp called yet?
try not to worfy too much i did and apparently it wasn't a pb. Seen a fertility doc and he wasn't overly concerned. I had a biopsy and smear test done. I dont have the results yet.
mel x

Thank you....no she hasnt rung yet. Very nervous!! Our bodies are starnge things when they want to be aha!! xx

FX for your results hun, hope all goes well xx

GP has rang! I'm on cycle day 44 and still no ovulation! She said the bleeding I'm having isnt a real period! She said to book in for blood test when i'm due on again. But how will i know when that is?!!!
She has advisied me to loose weight.....I'm a size 18 and she has suggested I go to a size 14. So TTC on hold for abit until I shifted a couple of stone! She said my blood test have come back normal and that basically I'm a normal person having irregular cycles!! So still none the wiser really and have no idea how my cycles willnow pan out, just got to wait for a proper AF ro appear.....one thing I do know is I'm defo not preggers! xxx

Hiya, just wondered if you've been tested for polycystic ovaries?

I get irregular periods, mid cycle spotting, don't ovulate... My infertility consultant suspects I've got PCOS but it's not been confirmed yet as we're going through the tests at the moment.

I used to get really strong lines on ovulation tests but I'd get them throughout my cycle - which ranges from 70-100+ days!

Just because you get positive ovulation tests unfortunately does not mean you actually ovulate. An OPK will just show a surge in the lutenizing hormone - it doesn't mean the egg managed to pop. Also, you can have AF and not ovulate. People with PCOS can have short cycles and not ovulate as well.

I am not a doctor and I don't know if you have PCOS or even been tested but with what you've said in this post, it might be worth asking if you can have the bloods done to see if it could be PCOS. Although it doesn't always get confirmed via bloods, I've had ultrasounds, bloods and a HSG xray and still not been diagnosed with a reason for my cycles.

Hope you get some answers soon hun, it's a right pain in the backside when our bodies don't work properly!

x x

P.S. Sorry, just seen you've suffered a MC, so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Just wanted to add that even though a lot of women with pcos struggle to concieve/ovulate, some ladies *do* still get pregnant on the off chance that they release an egg.

You might just have a hormonal imbalance hun, lots of ladies on here have tried Agnus Castus and it worked for some, didn't for others.

P.S. (again lol) I've also been told to lose weight by my consultant. I'm a size 14 trying to get to a size 10! Sometimes losing weight helps periods regulate so hoping that works for me.

x x

GP has rang! I'm on cycle day 44 and still no ovulation! She said the bleeding I'm having isnt a real period! She said to book in for blood test when i'm due on again. But how will i know when that is?!!!
She has advisied me to loose weight.....I'm a size 18 and she has suggested I go to a size 14. So TTC on hold for abit until I shifted a couple of stone! She said my blood test have come back normal and that basically I'm a normal person having irregular cycles!! So still none the wiser really and have no idea how my cycles willnow pan out, just got to wait for a proper AF ro appear.....one thing I do know is I'm defo not preggers! xxx

If your blood tests came back normal, then why is she recommending you lose some weight? I can only think that putting your body through a diet is only going to disrupt your cycles and well-being even more! Of course, i'm not you but i would just watch myself a bit, not eat half a choc cake like i did yesterday lol and continue with ttc.

Take care hun x

Missjuly 10- My doctor at one stage did think I had PCOS but recent scans after m/c show they have decreased alot. i'm gunna leave it all for a while and hope my body sorts itself out and wait for AF to arrive. Then start again with temp, OPK's again. Everytime I have scans/blood tests they come back 'normal' but something doesn't seem to be right here.

I did think that myself Melhoney. I fell pregnant last year and I was overweight and my periods were normal before m/c so.....but I am gunna sort my diet out. Cut out really bad foods and stop stressing about my periods and let my body try and sort itself out lol.

Thanks Girls xxxx

Good luck hun. Hope it sorts itself out quickly.
mel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back