really bad cramping

Baby Bean

Reaction score
Last night I woke up with really bad stomach cramps like I needed the loo (sorry if tmi). Anyway I went but the cramps were still there although not so bad and I had a really bad back ache low down. Cramps still there this am. No blood or anything. I didn't have anything like this in my first pregnancy and its really scaring me. Has anyone else.experienced this?

I had a lot of cramping with this pregnancy and in my back an awful lot as well. I mentioned it to my GP when I told him I was pregnant and he didn't say anything really. If you are worried I'd go to see your GP but they may only do HCG tests as its too early for a scan yet x

Thanks, I've got a gp appointment tomorrow anyway so think I'll mention it then. X

I would definitely mention it to your GP/midwife to put your mind at rest but it could just be due to the heat we are having at the moment.

I had terrible cramps for 3 days straight earlier this week and called the labour ward (I am nr end of tri 2) as I was seriously stressing out. Turned out this hot weather had just upset my tummy a little and the midwife said the same tube connects ur bowel and your uterus so you can get uterus cramp just because your bowels are not happy.

Sorry to ask but what was your number 2 like? Was it normal or a bit on the soft side? If it was soft I would say it could well be the heat.

I have also heard that hot weather can cause braxton hicks if you are not drinking enough fluid and braxton hicks occur from as early as 6 weeks it is just that most people don't notice them x

Last edited:
It was a bit soft but not runny or anything. I was wondering if it could be the heat. I'd forgotten how scary this pregnancy malarkey is! Not been too bad throughout today which is good but I've been a bit cooler at work. Our flat is like a sauna even with open windows and a fan! Will be interesting to see if it happens again now I'm home!

I would guess that is is indeed the heat then, try and drink more fluids and take a paracetamol if you need to. Hope you feel better soon and if not make sure you go and see your GP/Midwife x

Last edited:
i have had this alot hun woken in pain..if you are worried call your epu alot of us have had this so try not to worry to much easier said i know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back