Really bad calf cramps!

DDS

Reaction score
Hi
Last night i woke up with the most painful cramps in my calf, so much so that my husband had to help me stretch it out. Today it still really feels sore, esp if i rub/massage it.
Do i need to get it checked out for clots?
What to do?

Cramps are very common in pregnancy. I remember one night my OH thought id gone into labour as i was screaming so much and the next day i could hardly walk! I really dont think its anything to worry about.
:hug:

Claire x

Its normal hun, Ive got them so bad it hurts for days after. Dont worry :hug:

ive had this after a bad cramp you get really back muscle ache as if youve done a work out which in affect you have as your muscles spasamed really bad. I think its normal hun i wouldnt worry. :hug:

Bananas and milk apparently. I had cramps too and these helped. x

If you get the cramps when you stretch your legs out there is an easy way to help it.
Next time you need to strech try and keep your toes facing upwards towards the ceiling rather than pointed out forward in a line with the rest of your leg.

I read this in a pregnancy book that i discovered a few weeks ago and its really helped me, hopefully will help you as well. but yea getting cramp, especially in your calves (sp) is extremely common when your pregnant!

xx

I woke up last night several times with cramps in my calves too. I was just very annoyed that a) it blimming well hurt and b) it was yet another thing to add to needing a wee and the pain of turning over/getting comfortable that prevents me from getting a decent night's sleep! :wall:

Gosh I remember those,
bloody PAINFULLLLLLLLLL.

They used to wake me up all the time.

Mine never went unill I had baby.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members