REALLY angry and upset...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I had such a bad day today!

Last week I looked on the leaflet the HV had given me about mother and baby groups etc in my area, I saw a group on at my local leisure and health centre and got the nerve up to go, I was really nervous about bloody going to start with but went, it was supposed to be from 12-2pm with a baby bounce session straight afterwards...

I asked at the library about it but they said there was'nt a mother and baby group, great I thought!! But they said they was the baby bounce which was at 2:00pm, after signing myself and Hayden up to the library it was about 12:40pm or so, so i thought im here now so why not just stay so i did, got chatting for a while to another lady with kids, about diff things and then had the baby bounce session which was gr8 fun :) after the session I had to feed and change Hayden.

Anyway the main point to my story is today i got a fooking a letter to say i had parked there for two long, it was from a company called g24, I was confused as i never saw any signs to this effect, thinking that i didnt think to look for anything, when I got there it was raining and all I was thinking was getting to the group on time... the letter says i had parked for longer then 150 minutes (i was there for 190) and i have to pay £75!!!! £95 if after 28days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so angry, when i went back today i saw the signs but they are not obvious, for starters they are bloody white signs and not much bigger then a3!!!! I guess im also upset cause it took alot to get up and go and now this bloody happens :( Oh also today a lady said the EXACT same thing happened to her she has a little baby too she tried to appeal but ended up paying the full wack 95!!

Anyone have any dealings with this company?? :cry:

If you can prove that the signs aren't clear enought then you probably have a case for fighting this.

thats horrible :x i swear these companys make thier signs small and place them in stupid places on purpase to delibratley catch people out like this

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

No experience with them but you always hear about these con merchant comapnies that clamp you in car parks with only tiny lil signs..sorry that happened to you hun.. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im really tempted to take them on... i think what makes it worse is hearing that other lady paid the £95. The other thing is im SOOOO careful now im on really low money, i never park in disabled spaces, i don't even park in baby bays if hayden isn't with me...

I think its also the fact the fine is so hefty, Even a bloody speeding ticket isnt that much or parking on a double yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

I hate those fecking companies, its basically robbery but they get away with it time and time again. Always pick on the people that really can't deal with it too, i remember this woman in the bank sobbing as her car had been clamped when she ran into a shop to pick up some emergency toiletries as her elderly father had been rushed into hospital, they wouldn't even let her go for that - arses!!!!! Sorry you are dealing with this :(

But on the other hand, yay for the group, glad you had a great time, hope this doesn't spoil it too much for you :hug:

Bloody *******s! Not the same thing but when I was still commuting to work I couldn't buy a ticket one morining at the station as the queue was about 10 people long and didnt move. I jumped on the train and went stright to a ticket checker at waterloo and explained. He proceeded to give me a penalty fare which I refused to pay and I started to cry (pregnancy hormones) Anyway I got to work and appealed, sating that the man was unfair and caused me undue stress during pregnancy. I never had to pay and they added 3 ticket machines to my station. So I would appeal if I were you, no harm in trying and if you do so before 28 days, even if you don't win they shouldn't be able to charge you £95.

Alex xxx

Steelgoddess, you aren't the only one who has had run ins with the company G24.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 691229.ece

If you ask me, parking fines are a good money-making scheme and I have to wonder why the gov't allows private companies to handle them. Either way good luck getting it sorted. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back