Real nappies

girlygirl

Reaction score
Has anyone on here had any experience ofusing real nappies? I plan too however lots of mums tell me that i say that now but when it comes to using them ill change my mind as disposables are that much easier.
I plan to use the bambino mio ones and are £225 for birth to potty but i dont want to spendthat much money if they are no good!

CAn anyone help and tell me they work?! and i wont give up?

i use cloth nappies and love them. you will get lots of info from that thread

I know nothing about real nappies so we went along to a nappy rep! She came to our antenatal class and we made an appointment to go and see her at her house where she could tell us the pros and cons of each nappy variety according to our requirements. The website is http://www.teamlollipop.co.uk/
but I don't know if they are only based in Devon and Cornwall. Was certainly worth going along.

One of the things with the bambino mio nappies which had the thing that you folded was that she said that babies don't poo in a rectangle - as the material is that shape. Also the plastic cover was against their skin wich didn't seem very nice.

Kylie1007 said:
One of the things with the bambino mio nappies which had the thing that you folded was that she said that babies don't poo in a rectangle - as the material is that shape. Also the plastic cover was against their skin wich didn't seem very nice.

you can use a fan fold, which contains the poo better

Ah thanks everyone. Atleast i know that ppl have stuck with them. and to be hones i think i will as im not the sort of person who would give up. espec when i would save for a huge holiday by using them in comparison to disposables!
Will have a look at the links in my lunch hour. :hug:

perhaps instead of getting the birth to potty pack.. which i dont really think is worth it.. 24 nappys and 4 wraps?

perhaps you should get the prefolds seperatly..and 2 wraps..which you can get off ebay, or in toysrus..just to test them out.. ive got serveral different types to try out..to see what i get on better with..

i think you can get a trial pack from toysrus too.. a few prefolds and a few wraps.. personally i would give that a go.. coz u might not get on with that particular brand..

yea true... maybe i should get a trial pack 1st. i see lots of companies do the trial packs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back