Cloth Nappies

LaineyG

Reaction score
Hello!

Looking for recommendations for cloth nappies!

I like the bambino mio range, but would like to hear from anyone who has used and cloth nappies!

xxx

Check out this thread! :D

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=12433

Bambino Mio are prefolds, one of the cheapest ways of doing it. They can be great on small babies but are fiddlier and less reliable as baby grows I found.

There's a few of us here who love talking nappies so any questions you have one of us can answer :D

I'm planning on cloth nappying too. I've bought a packet of Bambino Mio's plus the wraps (8 nappies in one of their packs so bought 4 wraps). I've also bought a few Tots-Bots, Bumbles, Motherease and two Wonderoo's. I just thought I'd try a selection on my son once born and see how we both get on with them, I love the look of certain ones more than others but if the others keep him drier and fit better then we'll go for those. Case of trial and error with cotton nappies I think (espeically for a first time mum!) so we just opted for a few of each instead of say 40 nappies in a brand that our little Pudding just didn't get along well with. I think preference comes down to what fits, works, prevents leaks etc and this seems to vary greatly from mother and child to another mother and child. Good luck with the venture and check out what schemes your local council offer too, I'll be getting (8 weeks before the birth) a cotton starter pack from mine, around £100 worth of nappies, wipes, wraps etc and they state in the brochure it's around half of what we'll need birth to potty. It's a good insentive, worth investigating (oh and £30 cashback from our council tax bill!).

Nicola said:
I'm planning on cloth nappying too. I've bought a packet of Bambino Mio's plus the wraps (8 nappies in one of their packs so bought 4 wraps). I've also bought a few Tots-Bots, Bumbles, Motherease and two Wonderoo's. I just thought I'd try a selection on my son once born and see how we both get on with them, I love the look of certain ones more than others but if the others keep him drier and fit better then we'll go for those. Case of trial and error with cotton nappies I think (espeically for a first time mum!) so we just opted for a few of each instead of say 40 nappies in a brand that our little Pudding just didn't get along well with. I think preference comes down to what fits, works, prevents leaks etc and this seems to vary greatly from mother and child to another mother and child. Good luck with the venture and check out what schemes your local council offer too, I'll be getting (8 weeks before the birth) a cotton starter pack from mine, around £100 worth of nappies, wipes, wraps etc and they state in the brochure it's around half of what we'll need birth to potty. It's a good insentive, worth investigating (oh and £30 cashback from our council tax bill!).

Spot on. that's exactly how I did it. Cloth nappying takes a bit of sticking with and not falling at the first leak! What suits one baby is rubbish on another. I sold on Ebay what didn't work for us and got lots of money back. I must have at least 35 different brands now I know what system suits us.

FANTASTIC council offer btw. We only get the £30 here in Brum :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back